• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Dead South. Music.

Bob the Unbeliever

Now, ordinarily, I'd not listen to what is often typified as "country".

On the other hand? I do quite enjoy Bluegrass, and Appalachia music... go figure.

This song came up in my feed, so what the heck-- gave it a listen.

That was last week. I've now heard this at least a dozen times or more. It's kind of an earworm.

Lyrics, by the way, are in the description, and I recommend you give'em a read, after listening -- unless you just hate it, and then? Nevermind.

But I do like these guys. Sometimes? They are guys and a gal: Saturday, I listened to a playlist that put 42? Something like that of their songs in a row. Only one did I want to go, "naaah: skip" and that was way at the end, and was a cover at that. Not bad. :)

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
As one who loathes country (but loves folk) surprisingly i enjoyed that. Thanks for posting

BSM1

What? Me worry?
Of course, "country", "Blue Grass", and "Applachia" are mostly completely different genres (trust me, I live right in the middle of these music disciplines). Blue Grass is really taking a few liberties from the Bill Monroe days. If you want a real treat pull up a band called Love Canon; or Steven Seagulls. Also, there's a movie made by the Tennessee Tourist Commission called "Born IN Bristol" that's excellent. The young man that plays Jimmy Rodgers in the film is a friend of ours, and he does his own music in the movie.