• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Day the Earth Stood Still

Shaiva

Shaiva
this is a wonderful movie which i could see coming true. when humans see things that they dont see as "normal" we tend to react with violence. in the movie The Day the Earth Stood Still an alien came to earth, and we all reacted selfishly, we were defencive, but most of all violent. im afraid that this is really how humans react to the unknown. if it is, i hope to keep myself from doing this. keep an open mind, that is the key.

cardero

Citizen Mod
this is a wonderful movie which i could see coming true. when humans see things that they dont see as "normal" we tend to react with violence. in the movie The Day the Earth Stood Still an alien came to earth, and we all reacted selfishly, we were defencive, but most of all violent. im afraid that this is really how humans react to the unknown. if it is, i hope to keep myself from doing this. keep an open mind, that is the key.
It is at this moment that I must ask you which version you are referring to. The 1951 version or the 2008 remake.

Kcnorwood

One thing I have noticed is that movies like this one do not do so well. (I'm talking the remake) Perhaps it's because people do not like to be held accountable for something that is their fault. ( Like Global warming) Movies like ID 4 do really good because it show American kicking the baddies butt & we are not held acountable for anything in the end.

rojse

RF Addict
this is a wonderful movie which i could see coming true.

Yes, the 1951 movie was quite prescient.

when humans see things that they dont see as "normal" we tend to react with violence. in the movie The Day the Earth Stood Still an alien came to earth, and we all reacted selfishly, we were defencive, but most of all violent. im afraid that this is really how humans react to the unknown. if it is, i hope to keep myself from doing this. keep an open mind, that is the key.

I watched both movies in the past week, and felt the need to compare them both here.