• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Conspiracy!!!

Sonic247

I used to be into all that conspiracy stuff. You know; about the Illuminati and what not. And sometimes it is obvious that certain websites are just for entertainment. But still, I wonder if it should even be considered a conspiracy. I mean it's just common sense that in a fallen world the golden rule would be in effect- "He who has the gold makes the rules." And also if you combine secret societies with elitist intellectuals, that seems to me like it would produce conspiracies as easily as mixing milk and cereal makes breakfast (I thought I could think of a better metaphor, but that's why I'm not part of the Illuminati). Like the skull and bones thing at Yale; maybe they secretly are into community service, but they are a little sketchy. Anyway I'm just saying it's in the realm of possibility that some of these things can be true. What do you think???????????? Also what do you think about the MKUltra conspiracy?

ellenjanuary

What "MK Ultra conspiracy?" I've read no less than twenty books, admittedly fiction, that use MK Ultra in their plot lines as a factual basis. Remote viewing, one source quoted, produced results as high as 85%; yet was disregarded as unscientific as having no known failure state. If one knows science, this makes sense. Psi is not yet scientific, but I would expect that to change in the near future.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I like conspiracies because it portrays a scenario that can be easily and "rationally" followed just using loose snippets of real information to form a plausible event or happening by filling in the blanks.

My favorites ATM are:

*The Reptilian race and the elite of the world.

*The impending collision of Nibiru in 2012.

*The Jewish banker conspiracy.

*The Greys

*World population reduction through covert extermination (Including the 911 conspiracy that the World Trade Center was destroyed by our own CIA to justify a perpetual war to cull the worlds population.)

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
*World population reduction through covert extermination (Including the 911 conspiracy that the World Trade Center was destroyed by our own CIA to justify a perpetual war to cull the worlds population.)

That actually sounds silly, because the Central Intelligence Agency is, based on the name, the place where knowledge is gathered, not the place where that knowledge is put into action.

I, personally, don't believe 9/11 was a conspiracy by someone in our government, but if I had to point a finger, it'd probably be the NSA or some other faction of the military.

jmvizanko

Uber Tool
I think Occam's razor kills most, and probably all conspiracy theories. To quote the unusual suspects: "To a cop the explanation is never that complicated. It's always simple. There's no mystery to the street, no arch criminal behind it all. If you got a dead body and you think his brother did it, you're gonna find out you're right."

Of course, that's probably a bad example considering there was an arch criminal in that movie, but that's because it was a movie.

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
I think Occam's razor kills most, and probably all conspiracy theories. To quote the unusual suspects: "To a cop the explanation is never that complicated. It's always simple. There's no mystery to the street, no arch criminal behind it all. If you got a dead body and you think his brother did it, you're gonna find out you're right."

Of course, that's probably a bad example considering there was an arch criminal in that movie, but that's because it was a movie.

But what about organized crime? Wouldn't the existence of those groups kinda nullify the total universality of that statement?

Reptillian

Hamburgler Extraordinaire

If true, that would be a terrible method of global population control. You'd be running the risk of starting a nuclear war. Hopefully the elite reptillians have some better solutions to overpopulation. :D

outhouse

Atheistically
Its better not to waist time on such far fetch ideas.

you could live the rest of your life going from one cospiracy to the next until the day you die.

#1 is that any kind of a life to live?
#2 there will always be a conpiracy, always
#3 I choose not to chase mans imagination

ellenjanuary

Actually, Occam's Razor makes something like the Trilateral Commission a certainty. Doesn't necessarily make it evil. After being sucked into their web of paranoia and breaking through the other side, what causes conspiracy theorists to fail in my book is simple. I don't know their agenda. I can understand greed, evil, stupidity... but people exposing the truth, because the truth must be heard? Nah. ;)