• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Concept of ending Slavery…Dawn of Freedom.

DawudTalut

Peace be upon you.
Peace be on you....God has always been teaching people about His Unity and about to be dutiful towards fellow human being, I believe. True religion lifts human from raw state to moral state and then to with-God-state. When widespread corruption takes over humanity, God sends reformers for spiritual revival which takes human to spiritual heights. Among this program of revival, there is a chapter called: Freedom of Slaves.

Prophets of God struggle for human freedom too. The Holy Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be on him) used to help slaves to get freedom before he was declared Prophet of God. After the Prophethood, he continued this practice under Divine decree; the commandments of Holy Quran. Freeing slaves is highly praised deed (e.g, chapter 90: verse 14, Holy Quran, alislam.org).

To lift the fallen humanity up is included in the revival of faith divine program and according to Ahmadiyya Khalifah (reference: Friday sermon: 25 November, 2011 at alislam.org) who mentions with respect to The promised Mahdi Messiah (on whom peace), each person in the community of our Holy Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allah be on him) was of pure nature and each one of them paid the dues of rights of God and rights of mankind………..One believes that When such standards are met, then believers feel their duty to struggle for freeing the slaves. Freedom of religion and freedom of conscience is human right. In this world, many underpriveliged people are living lives of slaves. Their rulers and corrupt clergy are treating them as slaves. Then vicious cycles of foreign interventions start and human continues to sink into slaveries.

Bowing to the threshold of God liberates.

Last edited:

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
It is unfortunately true that slavery has flourished under all the great religions.
It is also true that for a majority of their followers it was not thought sinful.
Today there are still millions of slaves in the world, they will live and die as slaves as will their children.
There are also millions who are held in effective slavery through poverty, indebtedness, or though the whim of Criminal organisations or warlords.

The major Faiths have done more than any other group to promote freedom from slavery, however there is little prospect of slavery ever being totally eliminated.

Indeed some people of faith, use scripture to justify slavery.

PeasantCopasetic

Militant Agnostic

...and "scripture" doesn't have to be religious to be used to enslave people. Spirituality of all cultures and textures can be wielded like a hammer, but so can any idea that inspires intense hope, fear, dedication or hate.

May I toss the concept of "wage slaves" into this conversation?

The OP inspired an image of a cyclically falling and rising humanity blaring across my mental theater. So, I'm not Muslim, but the concept of spiritual leaders being "sent by God" to aide in times of great strife not only makes sense to me-- I can read that sort of view into history with ease.

But how do we know who's been sent and who just happens to be in the right place at the right time, spewing some righteously uplifting fire? I'd say it doesn't matter much. If you believe in God at all, you may as well believe that you, personally, were "sent" by It to do whatever you do.

glyphkenn

It is unfortunately true that slavery has flourished under all the great religions.
It is also true that for a majority of their followers it was not thought sinful.
Today there are still millions of slaves in the world, they will live and die as slaves as will their children.
There are also millions who are held in effective slavery through poverty, indebtedness, or though the whim of Criminal organisations or warlords.

The major Faiths have done more than any other group to promote freedom from slavery, however there is little prospect of slavery ever being totally eliminated.

It is not just unfortunate it is a travesty of the inhumanity that flourish under the major religions . The mind set that allow these travesties sits at the core of those religions . The separatist , elitist ,views that is at the heart of religious views are a slow hypnosis decrease our mind state from (I'm quoting the bible ) "soaring like the birds of the air to the beast of the field to the fouls to creating things". Our minds that used to care about the affairs of man, now look to invisible nonexistent Gods. Our minds now see each other as irrelevant . Add to that the far worst fate than slavery for those who don't believe in the religion . Lake of fire ,eternal damnation . And about doing the most in the fight against slavery , not true. Fighting slavery is solely determined on profit . If its profitable we will fight it. The people carrying out the inhumanities are usually very religious . The major flaw in religious beliefs is this , what is humane should be based on the needs of humans,not the made up needs of invisible Gods.

Last edited:

glyphkenn

...and "scripture" doesn't have to be religious to be used to enslave people. Spirituality of all cultures and textures can be wielded like a hammer, but so can any idea that inspires intense hope, fear, dedication or hate.

May I toss the concept of "wage slaves" into this conversation?

The OP inspired an image of a cyclically falling and rising humanity blaring across my mental theater. So, I'm not Muslim, but the concept of spiritual leaders being "sent by God" to aide in times of great strife not only makes sense to me-- I can read that sort of view into history with ease.

But how do we know who's been sent and who just happens to be in the right place at the right time, spewing some righteously uplifting fire? I'd say it doesn't matter much. If you believe in God at all, you may as well believe that you, personally, were "sent" by It to do whatever you do.

Adolf Hitler , was thought to be God sent at one point. Turned out he was just in the right place at the right time. So I see what your saying.