• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Church is compromising!

Votes: 1 33.3%

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters

BUDDY

User of Aspercreme
You know, this is going to seem really mushy coming from me, but when I was reading all of the posts in this thread, I couldn't help but think of the book of Ephesians, when Paul encourages people to battle using the sword of truth. Whether you are an atheist, christian, hindu, etc., if you are battling this kind of ignorant and hateful dribble, I consider you my brother and a fellow soldier in the quest for truth and love. Just had to get that off my chest. Frubals to all of you, and Jewscout, I'm sorry that you and those of your faith still have to deal with this kind of thing from those professing to be of Christ.:eek:

phernduke

Scott, it has been some time, since I have replied on this site, due to the fact I have to work for a living. Though, this has to be said, the Old Covenant, the Septugaint, was simply the history end to judiasm and later christianity. The Old covenant, also foretells a coming messiah, as a way to lead the people on to Jesus Christ.

Now, when Jesus came, he said What is the greatest commandment? To love God with all your heart, mind and soul. The greatest commandment of all is like this, to love your neighbor as yourself.

Besides these the whole law can be hung.

Now, even, Abraham, Moses, and Solomon, are nowhere in comparison to the coming Christ.
So to speak of saying the old testament has stronger applications or implications then the New Testament would be down right false.

Though if you claimed what of James, the brother of Jesus? He says if you are guilty of one law you are guilty of the whole law? Speaking of the Old Covenant ten commandments.

This is nothing wrong by today standards, yet, James was around Jesus during his time on earth, yet was not a believer, nor was he considered during his time, to be complelety knowledagble like Peter, or John.

Paul of course was a great man, cause he lived during a stage we call trials and tribulations, which we all face, and was a good example to the coming christians to go on fighting the good fight.

Though James, he was still half and half. Half of him was stuck in the old ways, while the other half was stuck in the news ways. He was still trying to convert jews to believe in Jesus. Nothing wrong of course with this idea, though not practical.

Jesus said if you have seen me you've seen the father, if you've seen me and do not believe, you will not believe the father.

Jesus, had even, gotten upset with the jews, and how stubborn there hearts were, and moved in his latter times, to move towards the gentiles, whose faith was surprisingly strong and encouraging.

Therefore he said do not be surprised as all people from east and west shall sit with Abraham, with me at the feasting table.

He's not speaking of the jews, but the gentiles. Now, James, which was with his Half brother here on earth, while Jesus was alive, could not believe, yet he came to know Him, truly later. James would have been someone like me or someone else, who hasn't been in the church for long, and wanted to do something for Christ.

Scott, I may not be a theologian, which is fine with me. For religion is a sin. Paul said, some of you say I am of Apollos, or I am of Cephas and I follow Paul.

Though, were any of these crucified for you? No. Therefore follow Christ and be lead by the Holy Spirit. Even so denominations are a sin, some are following John Calvin teachings, some are following martin luthers teachings, while others are following Marovian teachings of the Brethren. The list could go on and on, but the church, which John speaks of at Patmos, the Philedalphia church, is the church which does not compromise, does not follow the teachings of man.

This church, will be small, but will have its great reward in the end.

Look at this for example, the church, which I feel in love with, not for mans teachings but for Christ.

We need to forget ourselves, and enjoy Christ, eat Jesus, and drink of Him Daily.

For he is the divine nature and the divine entity we must conform to, not the teachings of man, which is sinful.

check it out for yourselves.

www.lsm.org

-Chris

Scott1

phernduke said:
Scott, it has been some time, since I have replied on this site, due to the fact I have to work for a living.
I was in no rush.... some of us have jobs as well....;)
Though, this has to be said, the Old Covenant, the Septugaint, was simply the history end to judiasm and later christianity.
The Old Covenant is not the Septuagint.
So to speak of saying the old testament has stronger applications or implications then the New Testament would be down right false.
Don't believe I did.
Scott, I may not be a theologian, which is fine with me. For religion is a sin.
Rrrrrright.
Main Entry: re·li·gion
Function: noun
(1) : the service and worship of God

(2) : commitment or devotion to religious faith or observance
Yep, sounds sinful to me.:rolleyes:

The rest of your post made as much sense to me as this last observation... wondering if you could clarify what you are trying to say.

Scuba Pete

Le plongeur avec attitude...
I couldn't read everything in this thread. It sounded more like a self righteous rant than anything that was intended to be productive.

Scott... I loved your point about religion. Very astute as usual. :D

Ceridwen018

Consider this, phernduke:

You are disagreeing with people who have believed in and studied God and Jesus for their entire lives. In fact, you have yet to find anyone who agrees with you at all. Have you ever even considered the thought that you, being a new Christian, might be mistaken in your beliefs? Have you ever thought that maybe you're the one who's got it wrong?

Just wondering.

Betho_br

The Kingdom is woven with a blend of tares and wheat, and furthermore, the church is distinct from the assembly.