• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Choking Game

Demonic Kitten

I am going to try and make this thread as coherent as possible, but I am not good at putting my thoughts into words so bear with me please.

This past week has been very rough for my and my family. When we first heard of my cousin hanging himself we all thought Suicide because it seemed like the logical choice...he was bipolar after all and he's always had problems. When the police got involved we realized that there was more going on than we know about. He was happy, he was healthy, and he was making plans for the future. That does not sound like a suicidal person. A day before the funeral we got the results of the police investigation. It was ruled an accidental death. How does one accidentally die by hanging? That was an easy question to answer because they were able to recover information from his computer about The Choking Game.

The Choking Game is where you cut off the air supply to get high. This can be done solo or with others. This practice can cause brain damage or death. Fainting game - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia This has nothing to do with erotic asphyxiation! This is done so that a high is achieved with out taking drugs. This is a free way to get high, but like any other high it is not a safe thing to do.

I started this thread in hopes to raise awareness of this so called game because no family should have to go through what mine went through.
Here are a couple of web sites that I found that are trying to gain enough awareness of this game to stop it completely.
Official Choking Game Awareness site (Pass out, Gasp, Choking Game)
GASP: Getting Involved - Education Page

Please don't let what happened to my family happen to yours!

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
That is so awful. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and I will pray for you (I never know when people find that offensive but I always do pray, anyway).

Demonic Kitten

That is so awful. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and I will pray for you (I never know when people find that offensive but I always do pray, anyway).

I'm the odd ball of the family. I'm the only one who isn't a born again Christian, but I don't find prayer offensive. ^_^ Thanks