• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Carribbean and most of Africa does not interest me

ronki23

They have rainy seasons :umbrellarain: and there's no history there.

It's nothing to do with the black population as I would LOVE to visit Brazil. 10% of Brazilians are black and 50% are mixed race

I wouldn't mind visiting South Africa. But I was told even Cape Town gets windy and rainy. Don't know much about Pretoria. Johannesburg is a no-go.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

It's nothing to do with the black population as I would LOVE to visit Brazil. 10% of Brazilians are black and 50% are mixed race

I wouldn't mind visiting South Africa. But I was told even Cape Town gets windy and rainy. Don't know much about Pretoria. Johannesburg is a no-go.
There's always a Google Earth virtual vacation!

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member

"No history" in Africa?

It's fine for anyone to have their personal preferences regarding travel destinations, but saying that there's "no history" on the oldest inhabited continent on the planet is incorrect and would understandably be viewed as insulting by many people.

The majority of North Africans aren't black, but they're still African. Either way, yes, race is a pretty poor basis for deciding which countries to visit.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

Viker

Häxan

Caribbean? No history? Pirates?

What about Central America? Southern Mexico? Olmecs? Maya? Inca? Aztecs? The ruins they left for us to admire?

Father Heathen

Veteran Member

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member

Well, it is true that there are no antique engine shows in those places.
(Someone from S Africa actually complained about that to me once.)
But there are other (albeit lesser) delights, eg, food.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
I knew somebody who took a university degree in African history. That tells me that there is a lot of it.
I would advise you to visit the Historum forum. There is a whole section on African history.
Assuming I ignore Egypt, for whatever reason, a country like Ethiopia is pretty fascinating historically, if you include Punt and D'mt, have any interest in the spread of Christian beliefs, the impact of the rise of Islam, colonialism or modern fascism.

A small taster...

ronki23

Caribbean? No history? Pirates?

What about Central America? Southern Mexico? Olmecs? Maya? Inca? Aztecs? The ruins they left for us to admire?

Absolutely would visit Mexico City, Chichen Itza, and Cancun

ronki23

Well, it is true that there are no antique engine shows in those places.
(Someone from S Africa actually complained about that to me once.)
But there are other (albeit lesser) delights, eg, food.

South African food would be amazing. The closest I've had is Nandos but it's so diverse there. Cape Town and Pretoria would also be great.