• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Book of the Hopi

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
It looks fascinating! I'm starting my first all-out studies on various tribes, and this appears to be a wonderful book.

kreeden

Virus of the Mind
The little that I know about the Hopi makes them a very interesting People and culture . Quite different then many First Nation People , I think . { but could be wrong }.

Besides , they have ogres . :)

Natural Submission

i have a really good friend that is a Hopi. He doesn't live in the actual tribe, but he visits frequently. We are planning a trip to visit the elders in May, that should be really cool. i'll have to let everyone know how it goes. Hopefully we can visit the "Spirit World" :)

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
I look forward to hearing about it! (Although, if you'd like, you can visit the Spirit World without assistance from the elders! That is, unless they have a different version of the Spirit World than I'm familiar with.)

Natural Submission

Ahhhh, now were getting into the good stuff haha (Private Message me if you have any suggestions :))

i forgot to mention, i am also reading a book called "The Hopi Survival Kit". It deals with the Prophecies, Instructions, and Warnings revealed by the last elders. Really cool.

kreeden

Virus of the Mind
A little different I believe Feathers . From the little that I know , the Hopi believe that they came from the Earth , literally from a hole in the Earth . In time , they will return . And that time is laid out in their calendar , as I understand . Anyway , the Spirits , called Katsina , also come from that place within the Earth . They do have some animal Spirits , like Eagle Woman , but most are something else . They have " ogre " Spirits too .

And that is about all that I can tell you . And I'm not sure how accurate that is . :)

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
Very interesting, Kreeden! (I look forward to learning about the ogres!)

A good site explaining the shamanic tradition of journey to the spirit world can be found here (http://faculty.gvsu.edu/websterm/Shamans.htm). Many shamans/ people who journey there do not use hallucinagenic methods to journey. More prevelant are using drums to produce a trance- like state, or simply willing yourself there. I will PM you with my own journey, which involved drums.

kreeden

Virus of the Mind
There are a lot of oplitical games played around Spirituality NS . I know every little about the Hopi , and less about the book . Now , you have a chance to ask people who would know . :) Take it . Find out what they say about the whole thing .

Natural Submission

Kreeden-Absolutely.

Feathers-Have you considered that we are living in the spirit world and we just need to "awaken" to it? But we'll talk more in a PM as this is going a bit off subject.