• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Book of Ruth

pearl

What is the festival of dice? I have no idea what you are talking about.

Neither do I. I do remember from when I was on the nursing staff at a Jewish health facility the celebration of Queen Esther, (Purim) was a very festive occasion. I remember the Hamantaschen and 'stamping' out the Haman.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
Neither do I. I do remember from when I was on the nursing staff at a Jewish health facility the celebration of Queen Esther, (Purim) was a very festive occasion. I remember the Hamantaschen and 'stamping' out the Haman.
I celebrate Purim every year but have never heard it called the festival of dice. I tried googling it and no festival came up related to Esther.

whirlingmerc

No, normal sentences of the justice system are not considered curses. Curses have a supernatural element.

Is there some reason you feel the need to say she is cursed by the law? I mean have you started with the idea that she is cursed and then went looking for evidence?

like 'cursed is he who hangs on a tree?" as Moses wrote?

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
like 'cursed is he who hangs on a tree?" as Moses wrote?
Deuteronomy 21:23
23 his body shall not remain all night upon the tree, but thou shalt surely bury him the same day; for he that is hanged is a reproach unto God; that thou defile not thy land which the LORD thy God giveth thee for an inheritance.

What does this have to do with the idea that someone is cursed by the law????? I think you need to try to stay on subject