• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Bible as a HBO production

an anarchist

Your local anarchist.
If you could choose any part of the Bible to be made into a top notch TV show, what part would it be?
Personally, I would love to see the books of Samuel made into a show. The characters all around are riveting, there is great character development for many of them. The plot of those books is an absolute banger. Starting with the Judge Samuel’s birth, and ending with King David’s death, everything that happens in between is more enthralling than any tv show I have ever seen. Seeing king Saul’s rise and fall is tragic, as well as seeing King David do the same, before a redemption arc of course. Then there’s my favorite character Joab, who nails the part of anti-hero.
The books of Kings are contenders too. They had the same author as Samuel most likely (well they used to be all one book idk). The part with the prophet Elijah and King Ahab is particularly intriguing. However, Kings covers a vast amount of time as compared to Samuel, so individual plots and characters don’t get as much treatment.

Last edited:

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I think Sampson was pretty cool. He was ****** with that jawbone of an ***, and perfect for the ladies.

All the makings of an HBO production.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I think Sampson was pretty cool. He was ****** with that jawbone of an ***, and perfect for the ladies.

All the makings of an HBO production.
As a side note that profanity filter is a little on the side of overkill.

Dontcha think?

nPeace

Veteran Member
If you could choose any part of the Bible to be made into a top notch TV show, what part would it be?
Personally, I would love to see the books of Samuel made into a show. The characters all around are riveting, there is great character development for many of them. The plot of those books is an absolute banger. Starting with the Judge Samuel’s birth, and ending with King David’s death, everything that happens in between is more enthralling than any tv show I have ever seen. Seeing king Saul’s rise and fall is tragic, as well as seeing King David do the same, before a redemption arc of course. Then there’s my favorite character Joab, who nails the part of anti-hero.
The books of Kings are contenders too. They had the same author as Samuel most likely (well they used to be all one book idk). The part with the prophet Elijah and King Ahab is particularly intriguing. However, Kings covers a vast amount of time as compared to Samuel, so individual plots and characters don’t get as much treatment.
For me, it's a hard choice. So I would say the entire thing. ;)
However, I would start with the Gospels if I must choose.

Heyo

Veteran Member
Genesis, but that has already been done: