• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Bible And Science: Prenatal Influence

Earthling

David Henson
You appear to have a real hatred for atheists. FYI, we are just as human as you

That's right. I don't like atheists. I don't like theists either. Does that help? I don't like people. I love people, but I don't like 'em much. You though . . . you're not an atheist. At least not in my mind. You're a theist with a chip on your shoulder. You don't have a problem with God you have a problem with people. Like me. You may think that people made up God, and you may have been hurt by people who were theists, but your problem is with people. Don't forget that, dear.

As for me . . . I'm not sure . . . I may be back because this gig is like a nasty drug and I'm an addict, but I think I'll take a bow . . .

Last edited:

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
That's right. I don't like atheists. I don't like theists either. Does that help? I don't like people. I love people, but I don't like 'em much. You though . . . you're not at atheist. At least not in my mind. You're a theist with a chip on your shoulder. You don't have a problem with God you have a problem with people. Like me. You may think that people made up God, and you may have been hurt by people who were theists, but your problem is with people. Don't forget that, dear.

As for me . . . I'm not sure . . . I may be back because this gig is like a nasty drug and I'm an addict, but I think I'll take a bow . . .

Dont ya just hate the deliberate misrepresentation of those who think they can read minds and make disgusting assumptions designed to massage their own swollen ego

I have no problem with people dear, i simply have no tolerance for deliberate ignorance

Earthling

David Henson
Dont ya just hate the deliberate misrepresentation of those who think they can read minds and make disgusting assumptions designed to massage their own swollen ego

I have no problem with people dear, i simply have no tolerance for deliberate ignorance

Kull Wahad! as the Fremen would say. (See footnote below) You have confirmed my suspicions. I've long thought that most Christians are Christians due to a false sense of moral superiority and most atheists were atheists due to a false sense of intellectual superiority.

Ignorance, whether deliberate or not, is specifically applied to a given subject. The primitive people of the Bible times are often accused of being ignorant by idiotic atheists. Ignorant of what? Future knowledge and technology? Nonsense. You can't be ignorant of something that doesn't exist.

All you are saying is that you have no tolerance for anyone who doesn't share your world view.

You were once a theist. Why? What changed that? A personal insult? Why abandon whatever you were a theist for in a paradigm that promotes imperfection and forgiveness? (See above reasons for being Christian / atheist)

Footnote: KULL WAHAD!: "I am profoundly stirred!" A sincere exclamation of surprise common in the Imperium. Strict interpretation depends on context. (It is said of Muad'Dib that once he watched a desert hawk chick emerge from its shell and whispered: "Kull wahad!") (Link)

ChristineM

Premium Member
Kull Wahad! as the Fremen would say. (See footnote below) You have confirmed my suspicions. I've long thought that most Christians are Christians due to a false sense of moral superiority and most atheists were atheists due to a false sense of intellectual superiority.

Ignorance, whether deliberate or not, is specifically applied to a given subject. The primitive people of the Bible times are often accused of being ignorant by idiotic atheists. Ignorant of what? Future knowledge and technology? Nonsense. You can't be ignorant of something that doesn't exist.

All you are saying is that you have no tolerance for anyone who doesn't share your world view.

You were once a theist. Why? What changed that? A personal insult? Why abandon whatever you were a theist for in a paradigm that promotes imperfection and forgiveness? (See above reasons for being Christian / atheist)

Footnote: KULL WAHAD!: "I am profoundly stirred!" A sincere exclamation of surprise common in the Imperium. Strict interpretation depends on context. (It is said of Muad'Dib that once he watched a desert hawk chick emerge from its shell and whispered: "Kull wahad!") (Link)

Nope, just no tolerance for deliberate ignorance, you can dress that up any way that massages your sensibilities and quoting cult fiction doesnt help you either

Actually i quit religion because so many religious have a tendency to be supercilious hypocrites.

Earthling

David Henson
Nope, just no tolerance for deliberate ignorance, you can dress that up any way that massages your sensibilities and quoting cult fiction doesnt help you either

Actually i quit religion because so many religious have a tendency to be supercilious hypocrites.

Like I said. People, not God. And who are deliberately ignorant of what? Theology? Euclidean Geometry?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
you're not an atheist. At least not in my mind. You're a theist with a chip on your shoulder.
tenor.gif

You don't get to dismiss someone's atheism because they aren't ********.

Earthling

David Henson
Facts and evidence are far less of a joke than belief and dreams

People who are interested in facts and evidence aren't selective about it. Beliefs and dreams, like in hindsight, flying a plane and going to the moon are crucial to science. Propaganda is what you are thinking of when you say evidence and fact. Which is the downfall of the popularization of a specific theoretical science in the appeal of the masses . . . very much like religion. Had you actually had any interest in evidence and facts you would have seen all of that and avoided the obvious pitfall. That's what will be the amusement of history. Your arrogance, and irony.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Wanna bet?
Yeah, I do, because you don't get to decide if someone is an atheist or not based what you think an atheist must behave like. And "theist with a chip on your shoulder?" Christians have a thing for being arrogant but you take it to a whole new level.

ChristineM

Premium Member
People who are interested in facts and evidence aren't selective about it. Beliefs and dreams, like in hindsight, flying a plane and going to the moon are crucial to science. Propaganda is what you are thinking of when you say evidence and fact. Which is the downfall of the popularization of a specific theoretical science in the appeal of the masses . . . very much like religion. Had you actually had any interest in evidence and facts you would have seen all of that and avoided the obvious pitfall. That's what will be the amusement of history. Your arrogance, and irony.

Of course facts and evidence are not selected, they are facts and evidence

You are welcome to dream whatever you want and build your life on those dreams, all it means is you are living in dreams

What obvious pitfall? And fortune telling too?

Magic cryptic messages are a complete waste of energy, i would be most interested to hear what you have to say about obvious pitfalls of reality and how future history is going to turn out. As it stands at the moment it sounds like you have no idea, totally ignorant if the subjects if you will and so must say something to massage your ego

Earthling

David Henson
Yeah, I do, because you don't get to decide if someone is an atheist or not based what you think an atheist must behave like. And "theist with a chip on your shoulder?" Christians have a thing for being arrogant but you take it to a whole new level.

I didn't decide anything, I observed. What is a theist? Someone who believes in a god. In this case, the God is the Creator. One doesn't stop being a theist because of some negative reaction to bad behavior from another theist. We are all imperfect, from sin, and must forgive if we desire forgiveness for ourselves. So, most of the formerly theists have nonsensical reasons for abandoning theism. Like, I don't like other theists, or someone insulted me, or my entire family was wiped out in a car crash. Cancer, environmental catastrophes. None of that negates the reason for being a theist, so either they never were theist or they are still theists. Or they're idiots. **mod edit**

Last edited by a moderator:

Earthling

David Henson
I did not attempt to make ANY argument, I merely found your OP to be a bit too... polished.. for an internet discussion forum so I googled it. And found that you'd been banned elsewhere after starting threads like this.

I really didn't see much of a point TO argue against, but there were a few doozies in there...

Of some things. Not about getting banned on forums for making phony arguments then getting mad when people call me on them.

I don't recall ever having been banned from a forum for posting "threads like this." That's a fairly vague comment anyway. The post that an administrator linked to, a copy of one of these (Bible And Science) threads wasn't even made by me. People copy and paste my stuff all the time. I'm fine with that. I get banned from atheists forums either because I make sport of them like they do Christians, and they don't like that at all, or they can't take criticism and I'm good at what I do.

I doubt it is the sorts of posts that gets you banned. More likely your follow up antics.

More likely the admin gets annoyed having to deal with the usual theist antics of bogus arguments, followed by goal post shifting, followed by claims of martyrdom, followed by 'threats' of damnation, etc.
Such antics, or variations thereof, get tiresome.

Sure do.

I don't do any of those things and I'm not impressed with your debate skills, so your just another atheist who can't take an opposing view.

tas8831

You decided that someone who is an atheist isn't actually an atheist but a "theist with a chip on her shoulder."

Arrogant and sexist. My, you are quite the *******.
I suppose 'just being a Christian man' is being a pompous blowhard and unable to recognize the laughable nonsense in the things you spew.