• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The bible and gays

JoStories

I think if she can stay clean there cant go anything wrong and if she knows when and how to move her behind to turn you on then its perfect. Gay men are basically the same though perhaps gay men know eachother even better, since they are of equal mind-set and gender they can have a greater sexual experience together. Oral sex is just as irrational as anal though, the mouth is for 1) breathing (if you dont breathe through the nose), 2) drinking 3) eating 4) talking 5) brushing teeth and hygiene. not for sex, infact if somebody does oral on you he/she doesnt experience some sort of tasty orgasm in her mouth its all taking place in the brain. but with the sex organs you experience direct joy of touch, namely because they are for sex. same with anal in most cases, im not so sure how a woman would experience anal joy at all. unless it somehow rubs against the vaginal wall - but that wouldnt be the anal doing the pleasure instead the other organ.
who is this 'she' you keep referring to? I used to know a woman who thought as you do. No oral sex, etc. The one and only reason for sex, per her, was procreation and the one and only position was missionary. No foreplay, no fun in sex at all. I truly felt sorry for her husband. You, OTOH, just just make me weary with your views and make me think of a troll.

Princeps Eugenius

How do I deal with it? I don't. You are free to think some sexual acts are irrational but I believe that whatever a couple wants to do and the act is fine with both of them, it's their business, not mine.
Yeah but arent my arguments essentially just as offensive to you as somebody who claims sexual acts are wrong because his holy book says so? I could feed these people with rational arguments and you would have nothing to counter it with anymore. Unless youre woman enough to disprove my argument, that is. #1210

who is this 'she' you keep referring to? I used to know a woman who thought as you do. No oral sex, etc. The one and only reason for sex, per her, was procreation and the one and only position was missionary. No foreplay, no fun in sex at all. I truly felt sorry for her husband. You, OTOH, just just make me weary with your views and make me think of a troll.
Was she a christian? Even the bible talks about sexual relationships and i dont see how you could not enjoy a marriage, biblically ofcourse. Heard of the Song of Solomon? Or prophet ezekiels 2 women(Ezekiel 23); ohola and abohola, or something like that. there they have sexual foreplay and i dont see how it is wrong except that it was done to them by (eeew :eek:) GENTILES, if it were jews then it wouldve been fine. Also my views may be strange to you, but be assured i am expressing my deep inner feelings and thoughts not doing it for the fun of it.

Last edited:

Pudding

Are you primerly using your mouth for sex, to bite people or what? how is it not common sense?
That is just your personal opinion to say that this or that organ is primary design to used in your prefer ways.
Common sense is not absolute fact. Anyone can just made up anything in their version of common sense to arbitrarily say that anything is primary design to do anything. It has no any credibility to say it's absolute fact, maybe just some personal opinion/preferences.

Princeps Eugenius

That is just your personal opinion to say that this or that organ is primary design to used in your prefer ways.
Common sense is not absolute fact. Anyone can just made up anything in their version of common sense to arbitrarily say that anything is primary design to do anything. It has no any credibility to say it's absolute fact, maybe just some personal opinion/preferences.
Okay. Do you scientifically use your brain primerily for thinking or for frying it on a pan? Do you use your eyes for seeing or for hearing? Do you use your ears for hearing or for sensing weather? dumb(if you get it), deaf and blind all over again.

Last edited:

Pudding

Are you primerly using your mouth for sex, to bite people or what? how is it not common sense?
I never said mouth is primary used for sex, only that one of the function if anyone wish to, then it can be used for sex.
For it to be occasionally used for sex, doesn't mean it can't be used for other function.
And you give the comparison of using mouth to bite people? Sorry, to bite people without other's consent, is to harming others; and sex is between two consenting adult which itself is innocuous. Your comparison is incomparable.

Okay. Do you scientifically use your brain primerily for thinking or for frying it on a pan? Do you use your eyes for seeing or for hearing? Do you use your ears for hearing or for sensing weather? dumb(if you get it), deaf and blind all over again.
Well, If the sex is between two consenting adult which itself is innocuous, then i don't see what is wrong about it.
What is your point for giving those inappropriate/incomparable comparison?

Emi

Proud to be a Pustra!
There are some verses in the Old Testament that can appear homophobic, but Jesus himself has no problem with gay people.

The biggest problem that comes with gay people and Christians are from Christians themselves. They wrongly quote bible verses in favor of their own agenda. Not everyone does this of course, but there are those that do. I was bothered at how long it took for gay marriage to be legalized in a country that is supposedly separated from church and state.

chessplayer

There are some verses in the Old Testament that can appear homophobic, but Jesus himself has no problem with gay people.

The biggest problem that comes with gay people and Christians are from Christians themselves.

Hi there , sorry but I don`t think you are right there , Romans and Corinthians both condemn homosexuality as well as promiscuity. Jesus told the woman who had been caught in the act of adultery , Go and SIN no more !"

Jesus showed his approval of the OT by quoting it on a number of occasions .

Finally "All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, !" 2nd Timothy 3 vs 16.

However if you choose not to believe the Bible , that is your privilege.

JoStories

Hi there , sorry but I don`t think you are right there , Romans and Corinthians both condemn homosexuality as well as promiscuity. Jesus told the woman who had been caught in the act of adultery , Go and SIN no more !"

Jesus never spoke about homosexuality. Not once. And Romans and Corinthians were allegedly written by Paul, a well known misogynist. Paulian dogma is nothing like that taught by Christ. Its Paulian. What does Jesus telling a woman who had committed adultery have to do with being gay?

JoStories

Yeah but arent my arguments essentially just as offensive to you as somebody who claims sexual acts are wrong because his holy book says so? I could feed these people with rational arguments and you would have nothing to counter it with anymore. Unless youre woman enough to disprove my argument, that is. #1210

Your arguments seem to me to be spurious and intentionally offensive. As for disproving your argument, you would need to spell out that your argument is. What are you trying to prove? Once you do that I will consider disproving you.

JoStories

Was she a christian? Even the bible talks about sexual relationships and i dont see how you could not enjoy a marriage, biblically ofcourse. Heard of the Song of Solomon? Or prophet ezekiels 2 women(Ezekiel 23); ohola and abohola, or something like that. there they have sexual foreplay and i dont see how it is wrong except that it was done to them by (eeew :eek:) GENTILES, if it were jews then it wouldve been fine. Also my views may be strange to you, but be assured i am expressing my deep inner feelings and thoughts not doing it for the fun of it.

Was what 'she' a Christian? You make no sense with that. And what is this Jews V Gentiles including your "ewww" factor. Are you a racist and if not, why make a point of that? We are all human.

Emi

Proud to be a Pustra!

Finally "All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, !" 2nd Timothy 3 vs 16.

actually, the Romans had a holiday in which men took part in a night of gay sex...

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member

The verses from Romans and Corinthians probably have to do with pagan sexual rites and not homosexuality as we know it. The passage from Romans 1 seems to obviously refer to backslidden Christians participating in pagan sexual rituals.