• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The best test of Character?

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
The best index to a person's character is (a) how he treats people who can't do him any good, and (b) how he treats people who can't fight back.

- - Abigail Van Buren

Was Abigail onto something there? What do you think is the best test of a person's character?

Lightkeeper

I think Abby has a good point. Another test of character is returning a lost wallet or purse without taking anything out of it. Maybe the best test is giving when you have very little to give.

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
Absolutely. I was going to answer that the best test of character is how one treats his enemies, but Abigail was correct too.

The Voice of Reason

Doctor of Thinkology
I've always heard the same thing, but it was stated:

"Character is how you treat people that can neither help nor hurt you."

Same thing, just worded differently. I also think that another great quote about character comes from the sporstcaster, Chris Shenckel:
"Many people think that sports build character. They don't - they merely reveal it."

TVOR