• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The BEST Anti-Violence and Gun Control Proposal

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Understand your point and much truth in it. But your conclussion is obviously wrong as we still have millions for there is always a remnant.

The reality is that evil exists. If laws could stop evil - then all we would have to do is enact more laws. But prisons are full of people with all the laws in place.

Psalms 36
1 Sin whispers to the wicked, deep within their hearts. They have no fear of God at all.
2 In their blind conceit, they cannot see how wicked they really are.
3 Everything they say is crooked and deceitful. They refuse to act wisely or do good.
4 They lie awake at night, hatching sinful plots. Their actions are never good. They make no attempt to turn from evil.

If it isn't guns, then it is pipe bombs or pressure cookers and trucks, ambulances, IED or whatever.

The answer, IMV, is still Jesus.

I acknowledge your faith.
I do know some absolutely peaceful Christians groups, and have heard of others.

The most honest, trustworthy, peaceful and decent Christians that I know of are the local Jehovah's Witnesses. The Christian Spiritualists at our local Spiritual Chapel seem to be most peace-loving. I have heard that the Amish are very peaceful.

Which group do you belong to?

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
Rappist?
giphy.gif
Correct spelling and grammar is elitist!

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
The teacher did not have facts correct and fails the grade. Total violent crime reported in the US is less per person - it has not being going up. And another failure is to assume that parents are the sole influence in children and can mold them like clay. That's wrong as well. That teacher has an axe to grind and should have stuck to facts not propaganda.

View attachment 20421 U.S.: reported violent crime 1990-2016 | Timeline
Look at 1996. Look at 2006. Look at 2016.

Is this something that just crops up every decade or what?

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
I acknowledge your faith.
I do know some absolutely peaceful Christians groups, and have heard of others.

The most honest, trustworthy, peaceful and decent Christians that I know of are the local Jehovah's Witnesses. The Christian Spiritualists at our local Spiritual Chapel seem to be most peace-loving. I have heard that the Amish are very peaceful.

Which group do you belong to?
Non-denominational.