• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Beatles - Together and Apart

NobodyYouKnow

Misanthropist
This thread comes on the heels of a reply I made in another, and I felt like doing the justice of giving it a separate discussion.

Here is my original post:
http://www.religiousforums.com/forum/3662643-post11.html

I would you all like to:

a) Post your favourite 4 solo tracks made by each member after the Beatles disbanded.

b) Give your views as to why you believe the Beatles disbanded and whether you feel that they have matured musically since that time (Beatles breaking up was a very positive step at that time and Yoko basically 'facilitated' it).

c) Give your views on the creative input each member gave towards the music of the Beatles (irrespective of the fact that John and Paul wrote most of the songs).

d) Post your favourite Beatles song *which I shall also do:

e) Tell us, who is your favourite one?

Favourite Beatles Song:

[youtube]7xL1ffMlzKY[/youtube]
The Beatles - Tomorrow Never Knows - YouTube

I used to really get into a very spiritually high place by listening to all of the Beatles Solo efforts and especially those I just posted (and a few others).

My favourite Beatle will always be George Harrison. He was the early spiritual inspiration for the Beatles, and their 'muse'. I liked John, until he started with all that 'primal scream therapy' and I admired Ringo for trying to sing, but he is more of a showman and an actor (and is very good at it too). Ringo was a great facilitator and organiser, but not much of a musician, and a mediocre drummer at best (sorry Ringo). Paul laid down some very nice tracks with Wings, but it always seemed like he was trying to recapture something that was once lost...and failing. He couldn't really seem to settle on a style after the break-up of the Beatles, and Linda was the strongest, most brave and supportive woman (who actually had a lot of raw talent)...I was deeply saddened by her passing to breast cancer all those years ago, but Paul never fully recovered. It's nice to see their daughter Stella doing very well in the fashion industry. I like her style as well...anyway, I am just going on now.

So, would anybody like to discuss any of this? Thanks.

Last edited: