• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Afterlife

Real Sorceror

Pirate Hunter
Hi Super Universe.
I also believe in multiple dimensions. In my view, there are about 7 Heavens, 9 Hells, and 1 Earth. Earth is the "nuetral" plane, and is the starting point. The other dimensions are exactly like Earth, except the Hells become progressively more depraved and corrupt, while the Heavens become progressively more pure. People reincarnate on the various planes, moving up or down based on the choices they make in their lives. A person's religion(or lack there of) is not really integral to reaching one of the Heavens(so long as that religion does not actively encourage evil). Theoretically, everyone should eventually reach the highest Heaven.

logician

"If we did not die there would be no afterlife"

What lives in the afterlife, the brain is dead?

Super Universe

Defender of God
logician said:
"If we did not die there would be no afterlife"

Do you remember Terry Schiavo? She was not dead but her spirit had moved on. What really made her who she was had long since left her body.

So what the brain and body lived on, it's just the vehicle, like a car that continues to roll down the highway long after the driver has fallen out.

logician

"So what the brain and body lived on, it's just the vehicle, like a car that continues to roll down the highway long after the driver has fallen out"

Please provide proof, not impossible theories.

Super Universe

Defender of God
logician said:
"So what the brain and body lived on, it's just the vehicle, like a car that continues to roll down the highway long after the driver has fallen out"

Please provide proof, not impossible theories.

Okay, I see this is your constant, and only, argument.

But then, you forgot to bring your proof that disputes any of my claims. So far your best is that you haven't seen or experienced anything the rest of us have.

Whatever claim any of us believers make on this religious forum must be referenced with proof that is acceptable to an you. But you are an athiest who won't believe it anyway so... why exactly are you wasting my time?

adlemi

logician said:
Your soul and spirit is the one that continues to live on in the other world of after life. Proof - the ones, the so called ghosts of the dead, that are being seen by the relatives of the dead.

choirboy

Have you ever seen people die slowly of brain disease. I have. Believe me that brain of yours is you when it goes so do you.