• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Advantages of Blue Ray on a lap top?

Mr Cheese

Looking at buying a laptop for my siggy other for her barfday... in may

weighing up my options....

any opinions on advantages of i3 Processor with blue ray
versus i5 processor with DL DVD burner

anyone?

tanks

Ringer

Jar of Clay
i3 is a dual core processor where as i5 is quad core. It all depends on what you are using the laptop for. If it's just for browsing the web or watching movies, the i3 would be fine if you are wanting to spend the extra dough you'd be saving for the Blu-ray.

Mr Cheese

i3 is a dual core processor where as i5 is quad core. It all depends on what you are using the laptop for. If it's just for browsing the web or watching movies, the i3 would be fine if you are wanting to spend the extra dough you'd be saving for the Blu-ray.

Ironically the i5 is cheaper as the blue ray comes with the i3....

thanks for the heads up on quad vs dual though

I am leanign toward the i5 as its cheaper and more powerful....
Currently she has a pentium 4...honestly she doesnt want to do much with it, so I am probably talkign overkill.

BUT

At present she wants to play World of Warcraft, mainly to communicate with certain family members as well as for enjoyment. WOW does run visably a bit slow occaisonally, it might mainly be due to her imcopentence at gaming....

She'll also want to play the new Diablo game (her main love) when it comes out.

SO I am still leaning toward the i5