• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Absolute Oneness of God

Ben Avraham

Please read my replies. Here it is again.

If this is your reference to physics, "Now, besides being God absolutely One, He is incorporeal. If God were corporeal, He would consist of atoms, and would not be one; or he would be comparable to other beings; but a comparison implies the existence of similar and of dissimilar elements, and God would thus not be One. A corporeal God would be finite, and an external power would be required to define those limits." I don't see anything new. Most believers assume God is a supernatural being, one without material substance. You don't make an argument for the oneness of God, just an hypothesis for the oneness of spirituality, which is, of course, is undefinable according to human understanding. In some ways, you could say the duality of God could be monotheistic. Assuming the two God's are inseparable and in heaven where they occupy a sphere, one could interpret God as monotheistic. It is a fine point of definition. Also, God stressed the sinfulness of paganism, so in the context of worship, there is only one God

There is no way, you are going to push Jesus into this. HaShem is not a duality but absolutely One. You are going to have to sell your message to those who believe that God is Triune. There are many Christians who believe in the Trinity of God. You cannot do that with a Jew. Sorry, but you are waiting your time!

Ben Avraham

There is no jew in this context. Essenes, Nazarenes, Hellenists
Pharisees, Etc

There is not a single element in this context which is not Jewish. The Essenes were Jews, the Nazarenes were Jews,
the Hellenists were accepted among Jews if they were Jews from birth, the Pharisees could not be less Jewish. Try again!

Ben Avraham

If you had read what I have posted, you would know I don't believe in the NT. I believe Jesus was God, the Jewish Messiah. Assuming Jesus was the Messiah, Jews rejected their faith by rejecting their Lord. Wasn't Paul a Jew?

Your declaration above sounds paradoxical. How could a Christian be a Christian if he does not believe in the Christian gospel? Jesus could not have been the Jewish Messiah as an individual because the individual is born, lives his span of life and dies. The Messiah is not supposed to die but to remain as a People before the Lord forever if you read Jeremiah 31:35,-37. The word "Messiah" means the Anointed One of the Lord. Now, if you read Habakkuk 3:13 "The Lord goes forth to save His People; to save His Anointed One." Again, that's what Messiah is, the Anointed One of the Lord aka Israel, the Son of God if you read Exodus 4:22,23. Last, but not least, Paul lost his Jewish identity when he founded Christianity, an anti-Jewish religion. (Acts 11:26)

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
There is not a single element in this context which is not Jewish. The Essenes were Jews, the Nazarenes were Jews,
the Hellenists were accepted among Jews if they were Jews from birth, the Pharisees could not be less Jewish. Try again!
Try what again? You arent using ideas contextually, so why should I?

Repox

Truth Seeker
There is no way, you are going to push Jesus into this. HaShem is not a duality but absolutely One. You are going to have to sell your message to those who believe that God is Triune. There are many Christians who believe in the Trinity of God. You cannot do that with a Jew. Sorry, but you are waiting your time!

I posted on this thread because it claimed God to be a oneness. I have posted a thread about God's duality, so I have a vested interest in the topic. Just because you claim all Jews worship God as "absolutely one" doesn't mean I have to believe it. You make it sound as if Jews are something really special, so no one can question their beliefs. I agree Judaism is God's chosen religion inasmuch as it relates to His chosen people, but they, like all other humans, are not divine, or infallible.

God is not a oneness, God is a duality. .

Last edited:

Repox

Truth Seeker
Your declaration above sounds paradoxical. How could a Christian be a Christian if he does not believe in the Christian gospel? Jesus could not have been the Jewish Messiah as an individual because the individual is born, lives his span of life and dies. The Messiah is not supposed to die but to remain as a People before the Lord forever if you read Jeremiah 31:35,-37. The word "Messiah" means the Anointed One of the Lord. Now, if you read Habakkuk 3:13 "The Lord goes forth to save His People; to save His Anointed One." Again, that's what Messiah is, the Anointed One of the Lord aka Israel, the Son of God if you read Exodus 4:22,23. Last, but not least, Paul lost his Jewish identity when he founded Christianity, an anti-Jewish religion. (Acts 11:26)

You have not read my postings about my beliefs. I have said I am not a Christian because I don't believe Jesus was the son of God.

I know what the word Messiah means. I also know Jews had anticipated him coming into the world as the Jewish savior or liberator. I propose Jesus (God) was the Messiah. Unfortunately, Jews refused to acknowledge Jesus as the Messiah. It is a sad story, the Messiah came and was not recognized by His chosen people. Since then, I believe God (Messiah) has maintained a policy of nonintervention.

As for Paul, he almost got it right. He believed stories about Jesus being the savior of humankind, he was the primary founder of Christianity. If you take out Jesus as the son of God from the New Testament, not much remains. They all got it wrong.

Jesus was God, the Jewish Messiah. And God is a duality.

Ben Avraham

You have not read my postings about my beliefs. I have said I am not a Christian because I don't believe Jesus was the son of God.

I know what the word Messiah means. I also know Jews had anticipated him coming into the world as the Jewish savior or liberator. I propose Jesus (God) was the Messiah. Unfortunately, Jews refused to acknowledge Jesus as the Messiah. It is a sad story, the Messiah came and was not recognized by His chosen people. Since then, I believe God (Messiah) has maintained a policy of nonintervention.

As for Paul, he almost got it right. He believed stories about Jesus being the savior of humankind, he was the primary founder of Christianity. If you take out Jesus as the son of God from the New Testament, not much remains. They all got it wrong.

Jesus was God, the Jewish Messiah. And God is a duality.

Jesus was not God neither the Jewish Messiah as an individual. Again, if you read Habakkuk 3:13, "The Lord goes forth to save His People; to save His Anointed One." That's what Messiah is, the Anointed One of the Lord, aka Israel, the Son of of God if you read Exodus 4:22,23. You are not reading the quotes I provide you with. That's why we cannot agree with each other.

Ben Avraham

I posted on this thread because it claimed God to be a oneness. I have posted a thread about God's duality, so I have a vested interest in the topic. Just because you claim all Jews worship God as "absolutely one" doesn't mean I have to believe it. You make it sound as if Jews are something really special, so no one can question their beliefs. I agree Judaism is God's chosen religion inasmuch as it relates to His chosen people, but they, like all other humans, are not divine, or infallible. God is not a oneness, God is a duality. .

You have all the right in the world to question Jewish beliefs, but you must use the Tanach to prove we are wrong.

Repox

Truth Seeker
Jesus was not God neither the Jewish Messiah as an individual. Again, if you read Habakkuk 3:13, "The Lord goes forth to save His People; to save His Anointed One." That's what Messiah is, the Anointed One of the Lord, aka Israel, the Son of of God if you read Exodus 4:22,23. You are not reading the quotes I provide you with. That's why we cannot agree with each other.

Thank you for the advice. I have read the quotes, and I have tried for a proper understanding. I found a summary statement for Messiah on Wikipedia.

In Jewish eschatology, the Messiah is a future Jewish king from the Davidic line, who is expected to be anointed with holy anointing oil and rule the Jewish people during the Messianic Age and World to come.

Assuming the Jewish people had accepted Jesus as their savior, then it would follow for them to accept his rule "during the Messianic Age and World to come." I can't prove it, but I believe Jesus was God. If it is true, Jesus (God) would certain have been the Messiah. Then, assuming the Jewish people rejected Jesus as the Messiah, then there would not be a Messianic Age and World to come.

Ben Avraham

Thank you for the advice. I have read the quotes, and I have tried for a proper understanding. I found a summary statement for Messiah on Wikipedia.

In Jewish eschatology, the Messiah is a future Jewish king from the Davidic line, who is expected to be anointed with holy anointing oil and rule the Jewish people during the Messianic Age and World to come.

Assuming the Jewish people had accepted Jesus as their savior, then it would follow for them to accept his rule "during the Messianic Age and World to come." I can't prove it, but I believe Jesus was God. If it is true, Jesus (God) would certain have been the Messiah. Then, assuming the Jewish people rejected Jesus as the Messiah, then there would not be a Messianic Age and World to come.

There is no problem about my agreeing with you that you have all the right in the world to believe in whatever you please. On the other hand, you cannot expect that a Jew who believes in the absolute Oneness of HaShem give up his monotheistic system to believe that a dead man is God and the Messiah.