• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

That Noachide Thing

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
Judaism DIR

I just wanted to take the time to make a post about how thankful I am to the Jewish users on here for being so welcoming. It took me a long time to come to where I am, a lot of backing and forthing with differnt kinds of Christianity before I dropped it wholesale and became what I am today. I wrestled with this a long time and maybe a certain user can remember getting a PM in the early hours from a frantic me about just such issues - then the next morning I'd declared myself a Bat Noach and have never looked back.

The one thing that makes me feel welcomed is language use. Not everyone understands certain Jewish terms, spellings, concepts and so on, but I've noticed more and more that some Jewish users are feeling happy to use these terms when speaking to me in the belief that I know what they mean, instead of using translations, equivalent English concepts and what have you. I'm not saying in a month's time I'll be speaking fluent Yeshivish! Only that my way of thinking is becoming more aligned with Jewish concepts instead of Christian ones and I'm happy about that, and that others seem confident that I am too.

I also feel grateful for being included in discussions that are really aimed at Jewish people. Of course, I know about 1% of what the Jewish posters on here do, but by being welcomed into such discussions I can learn a whole lot. That's great.

I am really happy with my faith and it's been 2 and a half years now; making the switch was the best thing I did. I feel no need to convert to be closer to HaShem; I have thought about it but my heart wasn't in it, as they say. It makes a great daydream to imagine having a large, chatoic Jewish family and some bloke in my life about whom I feel less fear of impropriety than I do with these local ones, but a fantasy does not represent reality by definition, and so I stay here.

:blueheart:

Jake1001

Computer Simulator
Judaism DIR

I just wanted to take the time to make a post about how thankful I am to the Jewish users on here for being so welcoming. It took me a long time to come to where I am, a lot of backing and forthing with differnt kinds of Christianity before I dropped it wholesale and became what I am today. I wrestled with this a long time and maybe a certain user can remember getting a PM in the early hours from a frantic me about just such issues - then the next morning I'd declared myself a Bat Noach and have never looked back.

The one thing that makes me feel welcomed is language use. Not everyone understands certain Jewish terms, spellings, concepts and so on, but I've noticed more and more that some Jewish users are feeling happy to use these terms when speaking to me in the belief that I know what they mean, instead of using translations, equivalent English concepts and what have you. I'm not saying in a month's time I'll be speaking fluent Yeshivish! Only that my way of thinking is becoming more aligned with Jewish concepts instead of Christian ones and I'm happy about that, and that others seem confident that I am too.

I also feel grateful for being included in discussions that are really aimed at Jewish people. Of course, I know about 1% of what the Jewish posters on here do, but by being welcomed into such discussions I can learn a whole lot. That's great.

I am really happy with my faith and it's been 2 and a half years now; making the switch was the best thing I did. I feel no need to convert to be closer to HaShem; I have thought about it but my heart wasn't in it, as they say. It makes a great daydream to imagine having a large, chatoic Jewish family and some bloke in my life about whom I feel less fear of impropriety than I do with these local ones, but a fantasy does not represent reality by definition, and so I stay here.

:blueheart:
Hey Riv, whats up, dude ?