• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Textual editing in the Quran

Radar

Well I find it hard to believe something an illiterate stated that was written down by someone then compiled into to one book 20 years after his death that was hand copied over and over again. Then a man burns copies of this book which he does not agree with to where it is only his copy or his version in existance. And someone is going to tell me this is the way. I think not. An illiterate cannot read what is written so he, the one who stated this cannot verify it. Then when it is compiled after his death a group of scribes got together to determine what was stated and if they did not agree on it then it was left out. Their are just to many varibles for this to be believable to me. Hey it's ok if anyone wants to believe this nonsense but don't try and past this off to me like it is the truth and without error.

The quran you speak of in Istanbul, Turkey is the Uthmanic manuscript of the Qur'an not the original. If you look at you will vowing or dotting of the text. The original would not have had this. Because at that time vowing or dotting was not in the arabic language. Only Mohammed himself would be able to tell if this was really what he said. Oh YEAH!!! He was illiterate so not even he could say.