• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Testimonies from Christians.

an anarchist

Your local anarchist.
This was my third featured thread
Strong opposition towards any particular belief?
now I am finding myself becoming pagan and a satanist.
I stand at a fork in the road. Do I take the left hand path or the right hand path?
I am convinced there is no objective evidence for God. I don’t care about that right now. I want to hear from Christians. I want to hear your personal testimonies about why you believe. And I want your prayers. If Jesus Christ and Jehovah and the Holy Spirit are real, then I want nothing more than to serve them. So pray for me, because if your God is real, it won’t fall on deaf ears. Pray that I’ll heed to their calling.
I will share one testimony of why I stayed Christian until recently. I have a few testimonies I could share.
There was one time when a group of friends did me wrong and I was deeply mad. I was enraged in fact. I was storming to a house they all stayed at, looking to do harm. I walked miles towards the destination. My legs had a mind of their own, I couldn’t stop them from walking. I was praying to God to stop me from what I was intending to do. I was just a block away, when an acquaintance chanced upon me. He asked me what I was doing, and I was frank with him. He had me get in his car and we drove away. I was convinced God had saved my life that day. Afterwards, I left town and was homeless for a bit, and I prayed to God to protect me while I was in that position, and I felt He did. I can share more testimonies, but I think this suffices for now.
So, what is your personal subjective experience with God that leaves you with that heavy conviction that He is real? Has he answered your prayers before? Do you mind sharing? I want to believe, I truly do.
I am not too unsure of how I found myself exploring the left hand path. I fear Satan has gotten ahold of me, and is having me tarnish my most meaningful relationship, the one I have with God.
Yet, I feel attracted to the left hand path. I feel I always have, and been fighting the urge to walk down it. I am a fortune teller, though I think drawing lots is biblical. Interested in the occult, the point I’m making, ya know?
When it comes to auto theism, I feel like perhaps I’m thinking like Moses. When Moses was 40, he got tired of waiting for God to save his people and tried to take things into his own hands. Of course, we know how that turned out.
I plan to fast and meditate and read the Bible in depth once again. I’m also concurrently reading Biblical criticisms.
I don’t know what path I am going to take. Left or right? I know it’s not too far for me to turn back from the left hand path. Yet, if there is no Jesus Christ, then I don’t want to serve Him. I know my soul exists. And I know I can derive sacred power from this soul. To use this for my own means is what I understand sorcery to be. I know the means in which I can access special power, I can practice “magic”. If I am Christian, I must have self control and not act on my own accord. I must be humble. I cannot be a sorcerer or pagan. I cannot use the power of the soul to achieve what I think is correct. I must wait to be called on by God. And I must be satisfied if I am called to live the humble life. That’s what soldiers are supposed to do, and I was once His soldier. I have deserted Him, though. yet perhaps He hasn’t deserted me.
Conflicted I am!
So do I trust myself and in my own power, or do I trust the mighty Jehovah? I have my religion as Deist(?) because that’s what seems logical to me. But I am unsure.
2 Samuel 22 is fresh on my mind. That mighty Lord I would love to serve. But I don’t want to serve something imaginary.
people.

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/him/they/them
I'm not going to influence you to walk any particular path. But. Have you considered christopaganism or just creating your own path?
There are those who mix Christianity with paganism. And there are even those who are 100% christian and are witches. My older sister is a christian witch. Neither are my path but they are paths I've respected. You could look up stuff online and see how they justify their path. I think part of how christian witches justify witchcraft is they believe the defination of it has changed but im not sure. I never really looked too far into it.

Last edited:

an anarchist

Your local anarchist.
I'm not going to influence you to walk any particular path. But. Have you considered christopaganism or just creating your own path?
There are those who mix Christianity with paganism. And there are even those who are 100% christian and are witches. My older sister is a christian witch. Neither are my path but they are paths I've respected. You could look up stuff online and see how they justify their path. I think part of how christian witches justify witchcraft is they believe the defination of it has changed but im not sure. I never really looked too far into it.
I’m not adequate equipped yet to make my own path yet. I’ve tried before, with syncretism, but I failed in the end. More reading to be done and more life to be lived. It’s an interesting prospect, but perhaps Christianity includes relinquishing that goal. I’m not sure. As for Christian witches, I shouldn’t view that as oxymoronic, which was my initial reaction. I’ve been a Christian fortune teller, with no guilty conscience. So I’m sure they have valid ways of justifying their means, just as I do. I’ll look into it.

Viker

Häxan
I stand at a fork in the road. Do I take the left hand path or the right hand path?
You should take the path that suits you best. Your own. Don't get bogged down by labels or groups. This is a time for you and you alone. It may sound cold at first. One can only find the light when it is darkest and coldest.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
I’m not adequate equipped yet to make my own path yet. I’ve tried before, with syncretism, but I failed in the end. More reading to be done and more life to be lived. It’s an interesting prospect, but perhaps Christianity includes relinquishing that goal. I’m not sure. As for Christian witches, I shouldn’t view that as oxymoronic, which was my initial reaction. I’ve been a Christian fortune teller, with no guilty conscience. So I’m sure they have valid ways of justifying their means, just as I do. I’ll look into it.

I think you are fooling yourself if you think you are not equiped to walk your own path. We all have a path within us to follow, and you've been walking it this whole time. Relax and go with the flow.

Redemptionsong

This was my third featured thread
Strong opposition towards any particular belief?
I am convinced there is no objective evidence for God. I don’t care about that right now. I want to hear from Christians. I want to hear your personal testimonies about why you believe. And I want your prayers. If Jesus Christ and Jehovah and the Holy Spirit are real, then I want nothing more than to serve them. So pray for me, because if your God is real, it won’t fall on deaf ears. Pray that I’ll heed to their calling.
I will share one testimony of why I stayed Christian until recently. I have a few testimonies I could share.
There was one time when a group of friends did me wrong and I was deeply mad. I was enraged in fact. I was storming to a house they all stayed at, looking to do harm. I walked miles towards the destination. My legs had a mind of their own, I couldn’t stop them from walking. I was praying to God to stop me from what I was intending to do. I was just a block away, when an acquaintance chanced upon me. He asked me what I was doing, and I was frank with him. He had me get in his car and we drove away. I was convinced God had saved my life that day. Afterwards, I left town and was homeless for a bit, and I prayed to God to protect me while I was in that position, and I felt He did. I can share more testimonies, but I think this suffices for now.
So, what is your personal subjective experience with God that leaves you with that heavy conviction that He is real? Has he answered your prayers before? Do you mind sharing? I want to believe, I truly do.
I am not too unsure of how I found myself exploring the left hand path. I fear Satan has gotten ahold of me, and is having me tarnish my most meaningful relationship, the one I have with God.
Yet, I feel attracted to the left hand path. I feel I always have, and been fighting the urge to walk down it. I am a fortune teller, though I think drawing lots is biblical. Interested in the occult, the point I’m making, ya know?
When it comes to auto theism, I feel like perhaps I’m thinking like Moses. When Moses was 40, he got tired of waiting for God to save his people and tried to take things into his own hands. Of course, we know how that turned out.
I plan to fast and meditate and read the Bible in depth once again. I’m also concurrently reading Biblical criticisms.
I don’t know what path I am going to take. Left or right? I know it’s not too far for me to turn back from the left hand path. Yet, if there is no Jesus Christ, then I don’t want to serve Him. I know my soul exists. And I know I can derive sacred power from this soul. To use this for my own means is what I understand sorcery to be. I know the means in which I can access special power, I can practice “magic”. If I am Christian, I must have self control and not act on my own accord. I must be humble. I cannot be a sorcerer or pagan. I cannot use the power of the soul to achieve what I think is correct. I must wait to be called on by God. And I must be satisfied if I am called to live the humble life. That’s what soldiers are supposed to do, and I was once His soldier. I have deserted Him, though. yet perhaps He hasn’t deserted me.
Conflicted I am!
So do I trust myself and in my own power, or do I trust the mighty Jehovah? I have my religion as Deist(?) because that’s what seems logical to me. But I am unsure.
2 Samuel 22 is fresh on my mind. That mighty Lord I would love to serve. But I don’t want to serve something imaginary.
people.
Xavier, you appear to be struggling.

Build your house upon the Rock! That Rock is Jesus Christ.

Seek to know the reality of Christ through the Holy Spirit. This is the righteousness of God that will come to you if you repent and pray.

That's my advice, and it may be contrary to much that is written on RFs!