• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Testify to Righteousness That You Have Personally Known

Brickjectivity

System Override
Staff member
Premium Member
Let me define the 'Righteousness' I am asking about. I want to know if you have encountered anyone who closely exemplifies it. This is a person who is an example not in their fortune but in how they spend their time. Who spends their time in a way that you wish you did or who spends their time almost in the way that you view as ideal? What do they do that is so special?

Have you met someone righteous, someone who is a model for others? It could be someone who works or not or who is retired. Who spends their time in a way that should be imitated (so that if we all lived like them the world would be that much more amazing)? Who is nearly gold standard? :)

It can be an anonymous mention but tell us how they live that is so special.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
No. I've never held anyone at a high standard. Those that have an authoritative (earned) I try to see the "human" in them. Once I see that, I no longer have that issue. For example, when I had my interview couple months ago, my boss started laughing because she commented she needed to loose weight... and later on she asked why I'm eating so little I don't need to loose any weight. Made my "boss" human. Issues I picked up growing up.

I think that's why humbleness is important for some people or taking care of the poor. I haven't met anyone who does so without an authority, resource, or guide to tell them it's the right thing to do. I guess it depends. But no, I haven't.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Samantha, no longer with us and i only knew her for a few short months. She had the most beautiful mind and would offer help to anyone.

Our eldest daughter is named in her honour.

Jeremiah Ames

Let me define the 'Righteousness' I am asking about. I want to know if you have encountered anyone who closely exemplifies it. This is a person who is an example not in their fortune but in how they spend their time. Who spends their time in a way that you wish you did or who spends their time almost in the way that you view as ideal? What do they do that is so special?

Have you met someone righteous, someone who is a model for others? It could be someone who works or not or who is retired. Who spends their time in a way that should be imitated (so that if we all lived like them the world would be that much more amazing)? Who is nearly gold standard? :)

One man came immediately to mind:

President Jimmy Carter.

His life is in caring for others.

Reactions: DNB

DNB

Christian

To keep religion out of it, I would say that I'd admire anyone who loved their neighbour as themselves, and put others before themselves - both strength and compassion. Of course, I'm speaking in a future tense because I have yet to meet anyone as such, including myself.

But, on a religious level, I would bow down to anyone who loved God with all their heart, mind and soul, namely Jesus. Outside of him, no, I'm not holding my breadth.

Last edited: