• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Terrywoodenpic -Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
Name: Terry (Terence to my Enemies)
Age/Dob: 20th January 1935…. Must make me the oldest Mod at 72
Occupation: Retired,Print and Photographic manager. (Bradford College Yorkshire.}
Studied Photography at the London College of Printing and Graphic arts.
First Job… Senior photographer at GalleriasPreciados Madrid…Glamour photographer with Russel Gay London… Photographer and studio manager John Wilkins London( print Design and Photography.)… Chief photographer Sky Photos Kent… Manager of studio and photo shop Kent…Print manager The Eggs Authority (government)… Print manager and print buyer Marley Extrusions Kent… Print and photographic manager Bradford College. (Last Job).
Was Chairman of the university print managers group… Most universities in the UK.

Interests: Photography including Panoramas.: and Joinery (fine woodwork)

Religion: Church of England … most of you will know I have very liberal religious views, and as far as church dogma goes I am something of a Heretic

Other Stuff:
I am a widower married 43 years. Two children four Grand children.

And I spend far to much time on this site.

My memory goes back a long way and I find I have a different perspective to most of you young ones on most thing since the last world war, as it has not been filtered by numerous historical writers.

So any Questions are welcome… You may get a very UK liberal slant on things…
But that is what you Get from a very Old Liberal.

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
The Church of England is the mother church of the Anglican Communion.
The American Form is Episcopalian. Of which there are several members on this forum
As a Christian Church The Anglican communion has well over 70 million members world wide and is one of the largest Christian churches. it operates in 170 countries.

It is officially a protestant religion. though it retains many of the characteristics of the Roman Catholic Church.

There is historical and geological evidence that It was in the Celtic areas of the UK Prior to AD200. There is some detailed evidence that the Celtic churches had their contacts with the Coptic s in Egypt Rather than Rome. Like other Coptic foundations it was Monastic in nature rather than based on sees ruled by Bishops as in the Roman church. After Augustine established a church In Canterbury the Celtic Church Joined with it and gave precedence to the Pope.

It remained that way till Henry V111 separated from Rome and established the Protestant Church of England... Unlike other reformation Churches it remained in essence a Catholic Church... You would not have been able to tell the difference... except no Pope.
As the reformation Progressed it was taken over by the puritans during the civil war.
This process was again reversed at the Restoration of the monarchy.
The result of this today, is that it is a very broad church indeed Ranging from the extreme Anglo Catholics to the Almost puritanical low church.
I fit in at the Anglo Catholic End...
Although this wide range of emphasis exists, there is only one set of Dogma used through out the church. The difference are more of style than belief.

This is the official Anglican Website which has links all over the place.
http://www.anglicancommunion.org/

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
What kind of woodwork did/do you produce?

Like this... I made the Lucette and hook I restored the box
The Altar I made in Memory of my wife
I also turn and have made many spinning wheels.

lucetpick-copy.jpg

E-Bishop-Service_115-copy.jpg

&

Status
Not open for further replies.