• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Terry Schiavo has passed away

Melody

No*s, I agree. I think this has been difficult for all concerned. We can only pray now that both sides find some peace. Perhaps her parents will find theirs in their faith and knowing their daughter is beyond suffering and in His loving hands.

Scuba Pete

Le plongeur avec attitude...
My heart has been heavy with this whole episode. Kudos to those who really cared for her. May they find peace. A pox on those who tried to use this for political gain. May their actions be exposed and their ejection from any office be quick.

CaptainXeroid

Following Christ
Melody said:
No*s, I agree. I think this has been difficult for all concerned. We can only pray now that both sides find some peace. Perhaps her parents will find theirs in their faith and knowing their daughter is beyond suffering and in His loving hands.
NetDoc said:
My heart has been heavy with this whole episode. Kudos to those who really cared for her. May they find peace. A pox on those who tried to use this for political gain. May their actions be exposed and their ejection from any office be quick.
My sentiments exactly. If any good comes of the media spectacle, I hope it is that people get a 'living will' and DOCUMENT their wishes should they become incapacitated so there is no he-said she-said if it does.:162:

martha

Finally truly at peace. May she be welcomed into the loving embrace of her Creator. What a sad, sad story for all concerned. I agree with all of your statements above. Unfortunately I don't think this will be the end of the story. I hope that I am wrong. A living will is a good thing and something to be discussed with all family members and ones doctors in advance.

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
NetDoc said:
May their actions be exposed and their ejection from any office be quick.
I have the sneaking suspicion that I think you may have a specific person in mind...:sarcastic

I was praying for her and her family last night and will continue to hope that everyone involved finds peace.

Snowbear

Nita Okhata
NetDoc said:
I agree completely.
Gotta spread some frubals before I can give you some, though ;)

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
No*s said:
She's now passed away. I had mixed feelings on this whole issue, and the taking of human life simply didn't sit well with me, but neither did continual suffering. In this case, she has now passed on. I hope that she finds peace with the Lord.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/LAW/03/31/schiavo/index.html
When I saw the thread title No*s, I felt a 'shiver' of emotion run straight up my spine; partly because of the Joy of knowing that she is now with God, but for the cessation of the impossible position of all parties involved with this sadest of confrontations.

My own feeling was that those around her were suffering more than she - and I bless the fact that they can now all feel 'closure'. Although there will be still be grief and pain, and the usual 'if only I could have....', I think a heavy weight has been taken from our shoulders.
I can only echo your hope that she finds peace with the Lord, and that her parents and husband can manage to heal the awful rift that her life as it was must have created between them. I hope and pray that their grief will bind them together.:eek:

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The brouhaha isn't over yet. Apparently her husband wants to cremate her remains and scatter the ashes over Pennsylvania. Her parents want her buried in Florida.

And what are the protesters outside of the hospice going to do, abandon the other residents? It's a fair bet that none are receiving any but palliative care, and all would have their lives prolonged if the protesters could get them moved to hospital....

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
Oh good gods, this is getting ridiculous. You'd think they have better things to do with their time than fight over the dead.

A

angellous_evangellous

Praise the Lord. May she find peace in His presence. Finally she's where the politicians can't touch her.

MatCauthorn

This has been a ghoulish episode in our nation's history and I'll be happy to put it behind us, while being mindful of the lessons we've learned. Other similar cases will undoubtedly arise, but hopefully none will be as contentious or divisive.

Whatever our thoughts on this issue, I think we should take a hiatus for a bit and think about the people involved in the story. To have gone through this crisis must have been heartbreaking for everyone. See my sig for my view of compassion, in this case as well as others.

-- Mat

The Voice of Reason

Doctor of Thinkology
It is a shame that any of us ever have to lose someone that we love, under any circumstances. To have to lose a family member under the scrutiny of this media circus is unfathomable. Hopefully, we can learn from this sham of a situation, and we can all move on.

TVOR