• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Terrible Earthquake in Nepal

melk

christian open minded
namaskaram

I am deeply saddened that my post was removed , ....

I simply ask that we respect that this disaster may well have affected many Hindus , Buddhists and even some Muslim and Christians , ..and that any one should be welcome to express their Sympathies in their own way regardless of faith , ........

this is no time for politics and sectarianism , ....

I again reitterate my sympathies for the families of all involved , .
Today, we're all nepaleses.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Does anyone know of a legitimate relief fund that we could donate to?
Seva Bharathi: #Sewabharati Appeals for #NepalEarthQuake #Victims

Sevabharathi is an RSS (Rashtriya Swayam Sevak Sangh) organization. Their volunteers are already in Nepal and helping people there. RSS is good at these things. Every single penny will be used to help the people there. Soon thousands of volunteers from all parts of India will reach Nepal.

"Sangh joint general secretary Dattatreya Hosbole reached Nepal tonight to coordinate rescue plan with the RSS' Nepal counterpart Hindu Swayamsevak Sangh. .. Swayamsevaks from India are ready to join hands with HSS Nepal after a proper plan is chalked out in coordination with the government of Nepal, RSS said."
RSS to join rescue, relief operations in Nepal - The Times of India

Last edited:

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
"Meanwhile, the World Health Organization has decided to chip in $350,000 to aid health services and emergency operations. It stated that other funds would be diverted for rescue works." Very kind of it, but Nepal will need billions. However, India and China are there to help. Nepal does not need to worry about money.
India, China extend help, offer assistance | National

India is sending 13 aircrafts loaded with aid. 10 Helicopters. They are also sending UAVs to assess damage in areas not easily reachable. They have given 33 vehicles to transport the injured. Indian Disaster Relief teams have has extracted eight people alive from quake debris. "We were the first foreign team to reach Nepal. More teams are coming from other countries now and from Monday, the scale of rescue operations is going to widen further. We hope the figure of those rescued alive from under the debris will go up significantly," said Rai.

Last edited:

ShivaFan

Satyameva Jayate
Premium Member
Seva Bharathi: #Sewabharati Appeals for #NepalEarthQuake #Victims

Sewabharathi is an RSS (Rashtriya Swayam Sevak Sangh) organization. Their volunteers are already there in Nepal and helping people there. RSS is good at these things. Every single penny will be used to help the people there. Soon thousands of volunteers from all parts of India will reach Nepal.

"Sangh joint general secretary Dattatreya Hosbole reached Nepal tonight to coordinate rescue plan with the RSS' Nepal counterpart Hindu Swayamsevak Sangh. .. Swayamsevaks from India are ready to join hands with HSS Nepal after a proper plan is chalked out in coordination with the government of Nepal, RSS said."
RSS to join rescue, relief operations in Nepal - The Times of India

I am going to try and get my bleep together and get some money over there. Haven't worked the logistics yet, but I will figure it out.

ShivaFan

Satyameva Jayate
Premium Member
I just sent $108 to the International Medical Corps relief to Nepal. Anyone going to match me?

Receipt:
Donation ID Amount Donated on To benefit Located in For
$108.00 Apr 26, 2015 International Medical Corps Los Angeles, CA 90025 Donate Now donation

ShivaFan

Satyameva Jayate
Premium Member
I just sent in TWO donations via Paypal of $66 dollars each ($132 dollars) to Mercy Corps (has been in Nepal since 2006) for relief to Nepal...

anyone want to match my donation?

Description Unit price Qty Amount
Nonprofit 'Donate Now' Donation via PayPal Giving Fund
$66.00 USD 1 $66.00 USD
Subtotal $66.00 USD
Total $66.00 USD
Payment $66.00 USD
Payment sent to [email protected]

Invoice ID: 618900

Description Unit price Qty Amount
Nonprofit 'Donate Now' Donation via PayPal Giving Fund
$66.00 USD 1 $66.00 USD
Subtotal $66.00 USD
Total $66.00 USD
Payment $66.00 USD
Payment sent to [email protected]

Invoice ID: 618910

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
I will. I am sending 10,000 Indian rupees to Seva Bharati. That will be USD 157.11 at today's exchange rate. I would not like the money to go to evangelists. Payment through check #200296 drawn on Syndicate Bank (Nangal Raya), New Delhi. (Don't have net banking, son has it but he is off to Japan)

Last edited:

ShivaFan

Satyameva Jayate
Premium Member
H(luv)K asked if there was a curse. While I understand the negative reaction to asking, especially in consideration of loss of life, yet ... I do not think it is entirely beyond Hindu tradition to ask such a question though the word "curse" is a Western word and perhaps not a proper term in the context of what is being asked.

Actually the original meaning of curse is meaning "low class" such as "the fish market tongue" or the bad "English" of the "trash" type people as if "reborn" to such a family. I know most say "reborn" is not part of Western theme, but actually it indeed is there, rebirth goes way back. Thus the meaning of curse is "destined to be reborn into a family of fish market hawkers" or those who cut the heads off chickens, meaning "bad birth" or "bad future".

So, back to subject. I do not know about this being a curse or not... but I will not lie... the first thing I thought of, oddly, as it flashed into my mind seeing the destruction of temples and many dead - well, to be honest, right before my vision I saw a flashback of the deaths of the Last World King of Hindus, the late Majesty of Nepal, who I believe was betrayed, and who Ibelieve was murdered as part of an anti-Hindu Chinese plot.

I feel, something was lost on that day for Hindus.

I will leave it at that.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
.. who I believe was betrayed, and who I believe was murdered as part of an anti-Hindu Chinese plot.
The Royal massacre is shrouded in mystery, I do not know if there was any Chinese involvement. But the lower classes of Nepal were treated very badly and rise of communism was natural. With a fractured society, the Nepalese have not been able to arrive at a consensus on Constitution and now they have this tragedy (toll reaching 3,200). I hope they recover quickly, get a constitution for themselves, and get on with life. I do not think a communist model can help them. It has only created strife.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
"We have around 28,000 Nepalese Gorkhas serving in the Indian Army, with another 125,000 retired ones in Nepal. They will be our eyes and ears in directing the relief operations," the officer said. Incidentally, Army chief General Dalbir Singh Suhag, who is in regular touch with his Nepalese counterpart, is a Gorkha Rifles officer.

While the main taskforce HQ has been established in Kathmandu under Major-General J S Sandhu, the sub-HQ is now fully operational at Barpak under Brigadier J Gamlin. Both officers are also from Gorkha Rifles.
Indian Army sets up base at quake epicentre - The Times of India
Toll, now 4,000.

Stormcry

Why wouldn't it be a curse of Rudra if thousands of animals were sacrificed in the name of religion in Nepal?

Last edited:

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Akshardham attack, 2002: They never did anything like that but still got it.

66-Guj-temple-terror-surviv.jpg
24sld03.jpg
100604075934_Akshardham-June14-3.jpg
ishrat-case.jpg

ratikala

Istha gosthi
namaskaram , .....

I wasnt going to mention this at such a sencitive time , ....

but this is true , .....the Gadhami festivel is barbaric beyond all beleif and worse than this many so called Hindus travel from India to participate in this festival because it is not permitted in Hindu India , but it is permitted in Nepal , ...

This is what they did.
2393AAFF00000578-0-image-56_1417194936824.jpg

This is what they got

628x471.jpg

I feel pity only for those animals who died in this terrible earthquake.

but it is not a curse , ...it is a warning , ...

like you too I feel pitty for the inocent , ....may they be born in a better place , ....

ratikala

Istha gosthi
namaskaram Aupmanyav ji

Akshardham attack, 2002: They never did anything like that but still got it.

66-Guj-temple-terror-surviv.jpg
24sld03.jpg
100604075934_Akshardham-June14-3.jpg
ishrat-case.jpg

untill the indiscriminate slaughter of animals is stoped we will experience war and indescriminate slaughter ourselves , ...

Ahimsa is first principle of true Hindus and Buddhists , it aplies to all forms of harm , .... follow this and the world will find peace , ...