• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Temple Ov Khnum Unveil Statue in Oklahoma City, Religious Leaders Want it removed

Stanyon

WWMRD?
The Temple Ov Khnum, a relatively unknown Egyptian esoteric group has decided to make itself public with the unveiling of this statue in Swatek Park in Oklahoma city and local religious leaders want it removed due to supposedly promoting idolatry. Whether a publicity stunt, social experiment, or an actual desire to pay homage or to bring forth the energies of their chosen God forms it seems for the time being it will stay.
Batman-Tut02.jpg

Last edited:

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Of course. Leave it those "not of this world" Christians to refuse to share an equal right all American citizens possess, while missing the hypocrisy that they'd never oppose a monument of the 10 over the same reason, or any reason.

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
do you have a link for this. I just googled and found nothing about this statue...some pictures of the park (play area, lots of open space)...but no visible statues...nor any articles or controversy about it...

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
The Temple Ov Khnum, a relatively unknown Egyptian esoteric group has decided to make itself public with the unveiling of this statue in Swatek Park in Oklahoma city and local religious leaders want it removed due to supposedly promoting idolatry. Whether a publicity stunt, social experiment, or an actual desire to pay homage or to bring forth the energies of their chosen God forms it seems for the time being it will stay.
Batman-Tut02.jpg
I just googled the park.

Nowhere in the pics or reviews was any mention of religious monuments or anything.
So far, it looks to me like an attention getting device. Why does this group think that they can place this statue on public property? And why isn't it gone as fast as a statue of Jesus?
Tom

Stanyon

WWMRD?
do you have a link for this. I just googled and found nothing about this statue...some pictures of the park (play area, lots of open space)...but no visible statues...nor any articles or controversy about it...

Not yet at least, I think they may be trying to downplay this so to deny them the publicity but it's only a matter of time. The Temple Ov Khnum (TOK) largely kept to themselves until this and had almost no Internet presence to deter the "Clown factor"

Stanyon

WWMRD?
I just googled the park.

Nowhere in the pics or reviews was any mention of religious monuments or anything.
So far, it looks to me like an attention getting device. Why does this group think that they can place this statue on public property? And why isn't it gone as fast as a statue of Jesus?
Tom

They have largely kept to themselves until now, their motives are known only to them but they may make an official Temple statement for the reasons soon.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Not yet at least, I think they may be trying to downplay this so to deny them the publicity but it's only a matter of time. The Temple Ov Khnum (TOK) largely kept to themselves until this and had almost no Internet presence to deter the "Clown factor"
Somehow, this deters the "Clown factor"?

I'm not seeing it. Maybe this is some kind of performance art? How'd they even get a building permit?
Tom

Stanyon

WWMRD?
If there's nothing about this online, you could be making this up for all we know.

Not everything is on the Internet, they have tried to keep their membership limited and very elite, broadcasting on the Internet only invites all types of people and "panning for gold" is not what they want, they want people who already have their s**t together.
It's a bit like the the old if a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it does it make a sound?

Of course it does!

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I just googled the park.

Tom
A statue of Jesus would be fought over to keep. And attempts to remove would be met with cries of persecution and discrimination.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Not everything is on the Internet, they have tried to keep their membership limited and very elite, broadcasting on the Internet only invites all types of people and "panning for gold" is not what they want, they want people who already have their s**t together.
It's a bit like the the old if a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it does it make a sound?

Of course it does!
There's no reason to believe anything you're saying.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
This was well funded
From the pic, it looks like a plaster cast with metallic paint. A few grand, at most. I've got teenage relatives who could fund that.

Doesn't answer the question of how they got permission to erect it in a public park. Private citizens can't just put anything they want in a park around here.
Tom

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Sounds like Kemeticism is super serious business.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
A statue of Jesus would be fought over to keep. And attempts to remove would be met with cries of persecution and discrimination.
Nevertheless, as far as I can tell there's no religious statuary in the park. Not even Christian.
I've never been there, maybe Google isn't giving the whole picture.
Or maybe it's a more subtle protest. Maybe the city regularly puts in a Nativity Scene in December.
I'm not claiming to know. Only that the story, so far, is implausible.
Tom

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
You seem to know a lot about them.
How did that come about?
Tom