• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Temple during Covid

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
We're lucky to have a temple run by wise people. Some temples have shut down entirely, but ours only did for a couple of months nearly a year ago. We went today, for the third time in the last 4 weeks. The visit is short and sweet, but we get the darshan of the Gods present there, and come home with the benefit of that. Our two priests take turns. 4 days on, 4 days off, as a preventative measure, and during pujas, no devotees are allowed in. This enables them to cross over all the areas where devotees stand, and there is no contact.

The floors are all well marked, and you follow the path trustees have laid out. There are only a couple of spots where social distancing is nigh impossible ... the main door, and stairwells. But those go quick, as devotees generally have enough common sense not to loiter there. We did stop going for a couple of months when lockdown was stricter, and there was one individual who didn't get Covid measures, and would initiate conversation, up close.

We go right as it opens, and have a cars in the parking lot limit. If it's over 8 we'll turn around and go home.

How's your local temple managing?

Jai Ganesha

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
I think my local is shut. Or at least has restricted hours. Better for the community to practice caution, though. Vaccine roll out I think is expected to start at the end of the month here. So fingers crossed that by next year we can return to some sense of normalcy

Ashoka

श्री कृष्णा शरणं मम
The temple closest to me is an hour away. They are doing fine, as far as I can tell. Restricted hours, face masks, and social distancing.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
I do not think Covid affected temple-going in India. Those who go, will go. Like in the coming Kumbha festival. But there are government guidelines and restrictions about it, vax and mask will be a must. We may not have the usual crowds in tens of millions.

Last edited: