• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tell me a story.

kadzbiz

A man becomes a father for the first time and unknowingly falls into a deep case of post natal depression. He knows not why he radically changes his behaviour and inexplicably ends up sleeping with a woman he met over the internet. At the conclusion of this one and only meeting, the estranged husband of the woman barges into her home and takes a loaded shotgun from a cupboard, aims it at the cheating guy's face and pulls the trigger not once, but twice. Incredibly, the cheating guy walks away to his car and begins a new life - albiet naked.

Apologies for not keeping it to 3 sentences.

Comet

Harvey Wallbanger
There was a man sitting on a mountain and the people wondered why he was always so far away from them. Yet, when the people looked for him; there he was always found. The man sits upon the same mountain, it is the others who went far away.

(Kept that one to 3 sentences!)

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
Two sausages sat in a frying pan. One sausage said, "Man, it's getting hot!" The other sausage turned around and exclaimed, "Oh my God! A talking sausage!"

nutshell

Here is the best short story ever. It's by Hemingway, I think.

For sale.
Baby shoes.
Never used.

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
A Marine stationed in Afghanistan recently received a "Dear John" letter from his girlfriend back home. It read as follows:
Dear Ricky,
I can no longer continue our relationship. The distance between us is just too great. I must admit that I have cheated on you twice, since you've been gone, and it's not fair to either of us. I'm sorry.
Please return the picture of me that I sent to you.
Love, Becky
The Marine, with hurt feelings, asked his fellow Marines for any snapshots they could spare of their girlfriends, sisters, ex-girlfriends, aunts, cousins etc. In addition to the picture of Becky, Ricky included all the other pictures of the pretty gals he had collected from his buddies. There were 57 photos in that envelope....along with this note:
Dear Becky,
I'm so sorry, but I can't quite remember who you are. Please take your picture from the pile, and send the rest back to me.
Take Care, Ricky

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
I can't keep mine to two or three sentences, but they're short stories from this site: Buddhist Stories

One day Mara, the Evil One, was travelling through the villages of India with his attendants. he saw a man doing walking meditation whose face was lit up on wonder. The man had just discovered something on the ground in front of him.
Mara's attendant asked what that was and Mara replied, "A piece of truth." "Doesn't this bother you when someone finds a piece of truth, O Evil One?" his attendant asked. "No," Mara replied. "Right after this, they usually make a belief out of it."

And this one I'd heard before, but I still like it:
A young widower, who loved his five year old son very much, was away on business when bandits came who burned down the whole village and took his son away. When the man returned, he saw the ruins and panicked. The took the burnt corpse of an infant to be his son and cried uncontrollably. He organised a cremation ceremony, collected the ashes and put them in a beautiful little bag which he always kept with him.
Soon afterwards, his real son escaped from the bandits and found his way home. He arrived at his father's new cottage at midnight and knocked at the door. The father, still grieving asked: "Who is it?" The child answered, it is me papa, open the door!" But in his agitated state of mind, convinced his son was dead, the father thought that some young boy was making fun of him. He shouted: "Go away" and continued to cry. After some time, the child left.
Father and son never saw each other again."
After this story, the Buddha said: "Sometime, somewhere, you take something to be the truth. If you cling to it so much, even when the truth comes in person and knocks on your door, you will not open it."

Maybe I can find some Zen koans instead? :D

Peace,
Mystic

blackout

Violet.
I came,
I saw,
I was not impressed.

The next time I stayed home.

~Ceaser Salada~

(what's that?
It is NOT the same thing!