• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

tasawwuf

elmarna

Asalaam Alakum!
Could someone be so kind to tell me of how is the best way to locate a "teacher in my area (if possible) I am encouraged by a brother that it would be in my best interst to try to locate 1.
Not tapes,or books. A live person is the source of inspiration I seek.
With warm regards & great sincerety!:help:

ruhnafsoul

ruhnafsoul
w' salam dear brother.. sister..

I guess that the best way to 'locate a tasawwuf teacher in your area' is by a sincere and honest request, deep from your siddiq heart to ALLAH.. the Most Merciful The Most Compassionate.. The Knower of All Things..
InsyaAllah HE will guide you to the right person who can teach U about the Knowledge of HIM.. and the Knowledge of YOUR SELF..
and perhaps.. the teacher you are looking for is within you yourself.. InsyaALLAH.. as HE, ALLAH is closer to U than your jugular vein.. meaning that HE is already with U all the time.. and U need to realize it all the time.. InsyaALLAH.. so that U will become a Zikrullah.. the one who always remember ALLAH..
There is only ONE true teacher.. as there is only ONE true murcheed.. as there is only ONE ALLAH.

barakallahufiq.. sidi / saida

fenrisx

Asalaam Alakum!
Could someone be so kind to tell me of how is the best way to locate a "teacher in my area (if possible) I am encouraged by a brother that it would be in my best interst to try to locate 1.
Not tapes,or books. A live person is the source of inspiration I seek.
With warm regards & great sincerety!:help:

You could check the resources of the Sufi Order International, they are centered in New Lebanon NY, and have teachers in many places. I am in the process of being ordained myself.