• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Taoism vs. Shinto vs. Hinduism

What are their beliefs?
Rituals?
Scriptures?
Evolution theory?
Afterlife?
Why is there so much suffering in the world?
Anything else you can tell me about them would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member
In taosim suffering is causef by going against the tao. Or in other words against the natural order of life.

Satyamavejayanti

"Sweetheart, post: 4161143, member: 56345"]

Namste, will give my Hindu POV

What are their beliefs? Many
Rituals? Many
Scriptures? Many
Evolution theory? Yes, what about it?
Afterlife? Who knows
Why is there so much suffering in the world? un-realized state of being, not following Rta, Adharmic Karma are some explanations.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
All respects for Shinto, but I hardly know about it.
Evolution theory? Yes, what about it?
Afterlife? Who knows
Why is there so much suffering in the world? un-realized state of being, not following Rta, Adharmic Karma are some explanations.
Another Hindu POV.
Evolution theory? God created us - Yes. Darwin is right - Yes.
Afterlife? Don't worry, it is just a cycle. There is really no birth or death.
Suffering in the world? Selfishness of the 'no-self' - You don't even have a self and you are so greedy.

I am not personally Shintoist, however as I am deeply concerned in Japanese culture, I believe I can explain.
Beliefs: In Shinto, there are "Kami"s. These are, in basic words, natural forces. The most significant one is Amaterasu(Sun-Kami) whose son is the Japanese emperor.
Rituals: In Jinjas(Shinto temples), people can marry or worship the Kamis. In some occasions, like the New Year, they decorate their homes so that bad spirits are avoided.
Scriptures: Nihon-gi and Kojiki
Evolution Theory: It is up to the person.
Afterlife: If you are a great warrior or something, then you will be honoured by many many people in Japan after you die. If you are just a normal person, you will be helping to your future generations.
Where does all of this evil come from?: If you have a bad relative who is deceased, he may be causing all of this trouble. Or regardless of that, if you make a Kami angry, it will cause really bad things on you. If you don't honour them enough or cause anything which can break the balance, there will be consequences. :)