• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Taking Stray Kittens Home

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
It depends on their personality and on how much room they have around them.

This it the truth.I have 3 cats right now.One of my Bengals (Kato) is a total handful.He follows me around like a dog..he tries to escape every time we open the door...he's jumped on our backs ...one time I was walking through the kitchen and he leaped into the air as I passed and his body collided with my head..

But I agree with Quaxotic on the lazer light ..and the other #1 cat toy is a feather on a wand ..

My cats go crazy over the feather wand and they get good exersize.You swing it around in the air and they leap to try and catch the feather.They think its a bird.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
Here it is..there may be other brand names but this one is called Da Bird ..You do have to keep buying replacement feathers periodically because they get torn up.And you do have to keep this toy out of sight when you are not playing with them because they will eat the feather.

Da Bird Feather Teaser at PETCO

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
1. You can either get a litter box and show them where it is, or you can look up how to toilet train them online. A litter box they will usually take to naturally, especially once they realize they can dig and bury their waste in it. But personally I would toilet train as it's cheaper and more sanitary than having cats that fling cat litter everywhere. And it doesn't have the smell.
2. Depending on what is in your area, you may be able to find a store that sells farming supplies, which includes some livestock antibiotics that can be given to pets in very small doses. Terramycin is the name of the one I use if I have a sick pet and cannot afford the vet.
3. It is possible you will build an immunity and will not have any sort of allergic reactions after you have had them for awhile.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Spaying them sounds like a good idea. I don't know how much that costs around here, though. I should probably look into it.

How much time does taking care of your cats consume? That is, do you usually have to give them a lot of attention, or does it mainly just come down to cleaning up after them, putting food for them, etc.?
Properly socialized cats are just that -- social. They follow you around, meow requests, sleep with you and crawl into your lap when you sit down. They nuzzle and head-butt. They're like kids, they crave attention.
If you don't have time to interact with a companion animal you might consider an adoption clinic. There are plenty of other "pets" that are perfectly happy to be ignored.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
sleep with you and crawl into your lap when you sit down.

LOL!! Right now Im having a hard time keeping my legs just in the right position (not to open not too shut) because Toki decided he needs to sit in my lap.All 12 lbs of his chubby self .And he was a runt (a true runt not just small) including he was very immature and skiddish (afraid of us half the time and easily startled) ..He just needed extra love.He still runs and hides when people he doesn't know come by ..but he has opened up a lot with us.Hes a delight.

dgirl1986

Big Queer Chesticles!
When we adopted strays as kids our parents would mix sand with kitty litter, and place the cat on the sand so they got the idea that was their outside world on the inside lol

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Cats are born litter trained. Usually you just have to show them where the box is.

God made them so the feel of cat litter on their paws automatically makes them need to go. After that, a full bowel or bladder automatically draws them to the box.:D

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
Cats are born litter trained. Usually you just have to show them where the box is.

God made them so the feel of cat litter on their paws automatically makes them need to go. After that, a full bowel or bladder automatically draws them to the box.:D

Yeah I have never had a "kitten" that didn't just gravitate to the litter box.Like their toilet.

Funny story (again and sorry Im a talker) ..Toki the runt we got right after Kato.Toki would go poop or pee and Kato would leap in the box to cover up Toki's stuff. While Toki was still going...Toki was not "smart" and he was so tiny and scared//i think Kato (only 2 weeks older and not a runt) was
teaching him" OR saying ...I will take care of this since you cant!

To me I just thought it was hilarious cat moments..

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
TIP.. keep it clean..Like we have 3 cats and 2 litter boxes.(technically that is one to 2 boxes short) We clean out (scoop) them twice a day sometimes three.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
Think of it this way/..One cat 2w litter boxes/.2 cats 3 litter boxes..3 cats 4 litter boxes.etc..
Meantime keep them scooped out..