• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tabletop VR works differently doesn't cause eyestrain

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
...or so they claim!

I mentioned this kickstarter project a couple of years ago. Now it has become a shipping product in only 2 years. Its VR for tabletop gaming: envisioned as a particularly great tool for games such as D&D.

It works by reflecting light off of a reflective board on a table. Light comes out of the player's VR glasses frames, hits the board and reflects back to the player in 3D, and each player must have their own glasses. The system costs a few hundred and supports about 20 tabletop video games currently.

Tilt Five | Reinventing Game Night

Nimos

...or so they claim!

I mentioned this kickstarter project a couple of years ago. Now it has become a shipping product in only 2 years. Its VR for tabletop gaming: envisioned as a particularly great tool for games such as D&D.

It works by reflecting light off of a reflective board on a table. Light comes out of the player's VR glasses frames, hits the board and reflects back to the player in 3D, and each player must have their own glasses. The system costs a few hundred and supports about 20 tabletop video games currently.

Tilt Five | Reinventing Game Night
Cool, like board games :)

Brickjectivity

Staff member
Premium Member
Cool, like board games :)
Anything you like I suppose. They have released development kits for programmers. So far they have released kits for Unity and are working on others. There's also a kit for c programmers.

You could probably do some sort of 3D TV with this, too. I don't know for sure, but it sure seems like it.

Nimos

Anything you like I suppose. They have released development kits for programmers. So far they have released kits for Unity and are working on others. There's also a kit for c programmers.

You could probably do some sort of 3D TV with this, too. I don't know for sure, but it sure seems like it.
I have been working on trying to create some board games, but only physical ones, but none of them have made it passed, just finding it funny to design them, but maybe one day, I will try to kickstart one. :)

I would like to play a game like Kingdom death Monster, which doesn't only have amazing art:

cropped-Screaming_Antelope_Art.jpg

But the game is really fun as well and you can play it solo, in fact a lot of people do, and I would suggest doing that or maybe one other or max two others.

In short, the game is about you leading a group of survivors in a very dark and evil place with a lot of monsters. And it is your task to built and develop their society and hunt down these monsters for resources, so you can make better weapons, armors etc. So the game switches between a settlement phase and you hunting these monsters and throughout the game there are different events happening that you have to decide how to deal with. And each survivor have there own skills and abilities or disabilities and are all named by you, so you kind of grow attached to them. There are both male and females which not only grow old and eventually die, but you also use them to give birth to new people and if I recall correctly they can inherited stuff from their parents, so there is a lot of things going on, but the game is absolutely amazing in my opinion.

And its very difficult, almost everything in the game is out to kill you, and it is even stated in the rules, that if you are ever in doubt about something, you should always rule in favor of the enemies :)

The game is played over a long time, so its not an hour long game, but very long, but the good thing is that the game is actually very easy to learn and you can basically start playing it after 10 minutes, just reading from the start of the book :D

The bad thing is that it is also quite expensive 420$, so I would suggest that you watch this video to see if it is something for you, they play the first mission of the game and is basically where you would start as well. But again, I would consider it one of the best games made.

Brickjectivity

Staff member
Premium Member