• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

System of Praxis

Shuddhasattva

Since I can remember having an interest in the 'flavor' of Celtic and Germanic/Norse mytho-culture. Spiritually I was instead drawn towards Eastern religions, which I am not very much culturally attracted to, but instead philosophically and practically.

The aesthetic appeal to me in the Norse mysteries is immense. However, the sine qua non of a religion for me is:

1. An effective system of symbolism, cosmology and psychology. Essentially, a psychocosmogram.
2. A system of auto-suggestion, experiments with mental subjectivity, meditation, etc.
3. A pantheon of gods that represents certain particular aspects of the cosmos/nature, and the elements which compose the composite Self
4. The gods being correlated to particular seed sounds, an essential theo-phonaesthetics. The universe sung into existence, and composed, of these sounds, of these gods.

I believe that most forms of paganism, at their heart, had this, which was brought out with them from the tribal age. This mystical experience, and the methods for its evocation, is the hidden substrate of any society until civilization reaches the point so as to politically standardize orthodox, esoteric religions in their stead to subvert the relationship between man and the gods to one between men and states.

Does this remain in Odinism? Was it destroyed? Are these seed sounds represented in the Runes? Does a craft exist by which consciousness is raised and association with the Gods sealed in the sacrificial altars of the mind?

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
Check out Path of the Thunder Wizard. It's kind of a synthesis of Norse religion with more Eastern-based philosophy.