• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sun created on fourth day ?

wellwisher

It has ... probably yearly.

Genesis 1-2 is an evolved etiological Myth which served as scaffolding for a theological polemic. I suspect that the authors/redactors neither knew nor cared that the tale contained what we now recognize as scientific errors.
I do not necessarily agree with that.

For example, the Great Pyramids of Egypt were built on a grand scale with stone and even compass direction precision that rivals construction of today, all without modern technology. This very advance construction, is way out of place in terms for its time in ancient history. This is why some people attribute this construction to UFO's or alien visitors. However, this out of time construction is also possible without aliens.

The primary conscious center of the brain; inner self, which is also the center of the operating system of the human brain, based on our human DNA, has full access to the human brain, since, among other things, it is involved in cellular differentiation control. The inner self as the center of the unconscious mind, can step outside the more limited brain access of the ego; 10%, and extrapolate to the future. This is not seeing the future but using the data and greater processing power to anticipate the future from said data.

However, once such out of time events occur become conscious; Pyramids appears, it would nevertheless be explained in a way that is connected to its own time; the state of ego knowledge; from the gods of Egypt. However, since the construction scale is so advanced it still creates awe all through history. This can trigger even the modern inner self, which also remains in tune with the current times; today, allowing the ego to sense new parallels connected to its own time; Aliens and now Relativity.

As another example the steam engine was first invented by a Geek inventor about 2000 year ago. A prototype was found, but current science and technology history still says the steam engine was invented in 1712. Back in ancient Greece, the image of the steam engine appeared from the inner self of the inventor, and this image was conscious enough; via his ego, to make a prototype. However, the steam engine never made the big time, back in Ancient Greece, because it was too far ahead of its time. There was no envisioned need at that time in history.

The inner self can see; extrapolate to the future, while the ego can see the present and the more immediate future. The future extrapolation effects by the inner self, were more conscious in ancient times; BC. This was attributed, by the ego of the time, to the gods; coordinate giant armies of star athletes at their best, all without modern communication devices.

Archimedes solved his assigned problem for calculating the gold content the King's new very complex shaped crown, by taking a bath, with his inner self percolating the answer to his consciousness; eureka. In this case, he primed his ego data base with his deep thought and experimental trials to get a practical data base for the inner self solution. This is still used today for ship building; submerged objects displace their volume while floating objects displace their weight.

If we apply relativity and time dilation, two different but parallel references in space-time; creation and evolution, equate in time. This was one of the mysteries of human knowledge that is now solved, at least for our time. However there is still politics that does not wish any solution, since prestige has more value when based on the sense of psychological division; ego animation via exclusion and competition.

GURSIKH

chardi kla
There are over 20 Bible versus describing God as light, and Revelation interestingly describes the future new Jerusalem as needing no sun, since God will be the source of all light. If one believes the Bible means what it says, then the Genesis question has one simple answer. God was or supernaturally made the source of light on day 1, with the sun made on day 4. How were the days counted before the sun's creation? You don't need a sun to create days and nights; you just need a revolving planet and a light source - both of which were available on day 1.
you mean for first few days God was source of light then He handed over this job to Sun ? is such transition mention in Text or its your assumption ?

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Wikipedia says "It formed approximately 4.6 billion years ago from the gravitational collapse of matter within a region of a large molecular cloud."
That means some 9.8 billion years after the creation of the universe.

Hawkins

I dont know if its discussed earlier. Acc to Bible Sun is created on fourth day, As we know today that Day and night is due to Sun. What caused days and nights before Sun ? God was unaware of this phenomenon while writing or I am missing something ?

God created earth and heavenS. HeavenS is plural, it means God created multiple spaces with earth originally lying inside one of them. You may consider that the first 3 days earth is "located" inside God's grand lab. It's "moved" to its current position in "our universe" on day 4. After that God also manipulated earth's "position" to give the effect that "sun is frozen" for the Jews to buy time to win a battle.

Brickjectivity

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I dont know if its discussed earlier. Acc to Bible Sun is created on fourth day, As we know today that Day and night is due to Sun. What caused days and nights before Sun ? God was unaware of this phenomenon while writing or I am missing something ?
Missing a lot. First of all people have always known that light comes from the sun, moon, stars, fire and anything that makes light. Also, this booklet is not written to the general public. Additionally its not originally written down but is passed from person to person, perhaps for centuries. I do not know the reason why it is not written down at first, but political oppression is a likely reason. When this material is passed from person to person these words are in a world (thousands of years ago) where it is sacrilegious to say these things and possibly is very dangerous to say these things. Everywhere there be kings and tribal leaders, and when you say that the Sun rules the day but that light exists before it does, it could easily imply (to any leader) that they are redundant. Leaders don't like this, and they like to think that they are necessary and important. It is dangerous to tell them otherwise.

That is only one possible reason, but it is a good one. The bottom line is that it is not aimed at the general public, and so it is not good to insist it is an astronomical text. It almost certainly isn't intended to be that.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
The question is a fair one that any careful Bible reader would raise. Although some of the comments here allude to possible answers, I'll offer a simple, concise answer that's most consistent with the Bible - granted, from a waning Christian perspective that actually accepts the literal interpretation of Genesis.

There are over 20 Bible versus describing God as light, and Revelation interestingly describes the future new Jerusalem as needing no sun, since God will be the source of all light. If one believes the Bible means what it says, then the Genesis question has one simple answer. God was or supernaturally made the source of light on day 1, with the sun made on day 4. How were the days counted before the sun's creation? You don't need a sun to create days and nights; you just need a revolving planet and a light source - both of which were available on day 1.
I knew God was a big giant light bulb.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Missing a lot. First of all people have always known that light comes from the sun, moon, stars, fire and anything that makes light.
Well , light from the sun is reflected off the moon. The moon dosent make light itself.

Just had to point out the slight correction here.

Sir Joseph

you mean for first few days God was source of light then He handed over this job to Sun ? is such transition mention in Text or its your assumption ?
Honestly, I never considered the transition issue and would not impose any such level of detail into the text. My basis of a source of light and the earth on day 1 is definitely derived from a literal, simple reading of the text, as is the sun creation on day 4. Any detail beyond that of explaining how such transition would be done would be conjecture.

Your point is interesting but it needn't negate a simple interpretation of the text. The Bible's full of unanswered specifics, but that doesn't refute an overlying statement. I expect some people have probably already speculated on physics/naturalistic possibilities for this light transition issue. My answer would be that it's unnecesary since God was in the process of doing all kinds of supernatural events during the first week.

I appreciate your comment but won't pretend to be an expert on this matter.

Audie

Veteran Member
God created earth and heavenS. HeavenS is plural, it means God created multiple spaces with earth originally lying inside one of them. You may consider that the first 3 days earth is "located" inside God's grand lab. It's "moved" to its current position in "our universe" on day 4. After that God also manipulated earth's "position" to give the effect that "sun is frozen" for the Jews to buy time to win a battle.
If that is what the bible says and means
It does little for bible- credibility in anything.