• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sum's Book of Quotes - Beliefs Journal

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
Beginning a thread here to write some quotes/phrases/etc about what I believe. You can argue some points I make if you want.

If a staff member has something against this, sorry, it will be long.

Oh yeah, if you don't understand them just ask, I'll tell you what I mean.

So lets begin:

POEMS

"Indulge as you please,
Overindulge if you wish,
Please do not kill anyone,
Over that dish." - Sum of Awe.

"There is violence,
There is fraud,
We pray and pray,
But where is God?

Don't expect something,
So far away,
To help you,
Rid your pain." - Sum of Awe.

"Life seems long,
But have fun,
For when you age,
You can't run." - Sum of Awe.

"Artificial objects,
Cannot replace nature.
Although they are great,
Sometimes we need an adventure." - Sum of Awe.

QUOTES

"God belief isn't important, but because God is so distant, and we are needing someone to answer personal problems, do not depend on someone unlikely to answer, answer them yourself." - Sum of Awe.

"Today's society worships money more than God, no matter how much a nun they are." - Sum of Awe.

"Why is society crashing? Why is the world ending? Radioactivity, pollution, and economy. What are they? Artificial desires." - Sum of Awe.

"Gain what you may if it harms none, but accept the loss if it is gone." - Sum of Awe.

"If nobody harms another purposely, nobody would suffer. It's as simple as that." - Sum of Awe.

"What kills people and increases pleasure? Overindulgence." - Sum of Awe.

"Nothing is wrong with getting what you want. Something is wrong with harming another beast to get what you want." - Sum of Awe.

Will add more in more posts whenever I feel the need to.

Yes, I know I might have repeated some things in different words, I guess I wanted to stress the point on those things a little bit more.

The Sum of Awe

"Given that in order to be happy you need fulfillment/entertainment, indulging yourself it perfectly fine. Lack of indulgence is fine too. Just accept what's gone when it's gone and don't harm anyone over it."

The Sum of Awe

10 Commandments of Sumism:

1. Do unto others as they have done to you
  2. Show care for the caring, show apathy for the careless
  3. Treat animals as children, not slaves
  4. Do not kill unless it is your only option
  5. Your body is your natural weapon - Use that, not guns
  6. Avoid lying, stealing, and murder at all times
  7. Depend on yourself not God.
  8. Accept what's lost, crave what isn't
  9. Be smart and reasonable - Not dumb and faith full of holes
  10. Do not pick and choose from this book, accept all or none

Last edited:

The Sum of Awe

"We never reach perfection, we only want more and more until what we own becomes what we are."

The Sum of Awe

"Get a gathering of all Solipsists from across the world, watch another philosophy fall to its knees."

9Westy9

Sceptic, Libertarian, Egalitarian
Premium Member
"Get a gathering of all Solipsists from across the world, watch another philosophy fall to its knees."

Depends how you define Solipsism exactly. I personally call myself a Solipsist, but don't believe that I am the only thing that exists; only that I can only prove my own existence.

The Sum of Awe

Depends how you define Solipsism exactly. I personally call myself a Solipsist, but don't believe that I am the only thing that exists; only that I can only prove my own existence.

I thought that was Narcissism, otherwise I got mixed up.

The Sum of Awe

-Not from me, not adding it to the book either but this fits what I'm basically saying here-

"We all have our vices; our guilty pleasures. Can you imagine a life without cravings? What would happen to my 5$ mochas, Masi Campofiorin, and mouth-watering cheeseburgers? I can’t fathom that concept, nor have I met anyone living a life free from desire. The Buddha teaches that suffering permeates all existence. Then I shall accept my suffering along with my cravings."