• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Summer Solstice 2022: Reflecting on Sacrifice

Aštra’el

Aštara, Blade of Aštoreth
What a moment to be alive, and to reflect…

Camo & Krooked- “Afterlife” (BCEE remix)

I hear this song… and I can’t help but think of them. All the faces. The things I’ve sacrificed, everything I’ve lost, the people I’ve let go of… to get to where I am. It is like they are still there somewhere, existing in a distant memory, alive in the past, as they once were. 2006. 2012. 2018.

I keep moving forward, as I always have, without regret… but not without this constant storm swirling around me, reminding me of everything. I feel… everything. Everyone. I have never forgotten any of it. Any of you.

Do you think that is going to stop me?

I embrace it. The wind, the rain. The thunder. The lightning. I have never felt so alive. I see memories in the clouds, faces in the winds, but you only make me stronger. Thanks for that. But you are not real. Not anymore. You were precious to me once, and I let you go, to reach for something you couldn’t possibly understand. It was never goodbye, because I carry you with me always. All of you. You are always with me… no matter where you are now.

I close my eyes… and I remember. I open them… and I see only the future, beyond the horizon, drawing ever near.

I keep moving forward.

FC1A7B6E-E568-4CCD-9CCF-BC814BD291EE.png

Last edited: