• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Suicide

Have you READ the NT? Jesus almost goes out of his way to irritate and instigate. He wasn't having a great time with his family, who thought he was crazy. People were threatening to kill him constantly. People kept swarming over him for healings to the extent he had to go hide. He was so clearly stressed out that he killed a fruit tree for not bearing fruit during a non-fruit season, when with his magic powers he could've easily MADE it give fruit.

Fig tree should produce two crops. There were no signs of the first crop, that is why Jesus did what he did.

Fig trees produce two crops every year, but only one of them may be edible. The first crop, called the breba crop, occurs relatively early in the year on the previous year's growth. These fruits are frequently small, acidic and inferior in texture, but may be useful for preservation.
https://homeguides.sfgate.com/fig-tree-bear-fruit-49324.html

I think he WANTED to die by that point.

I disagree with that. I think there is nothing in the Bible that indicates Jesus wanted to die.

Besides, doesn't Christianity teach he wasn't so much executed as he sacrificed himself, even though clearly he was just executed? If he sacrificed himself: suicide.

Jesus sacrificed his life by using it for our benefit, not by getting killed.

Earthling

David Henson
So what are you saying he should have done?

To sin means literally to miss the mark. The person you mentioned missed no mark. Suicide isn't a sin. Look at Enoch, Enoch was surrounded by wicked ungodly people. He asked God to take his life and God did. That's God assisted suicide.