• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Suggested reading

Mystic-als

I would like to know from the majority of you what should I read or do to get to know 1. what is required of me to become a satanist
2. what rituals are accepted as part of satanism in general
3. Who are the religeous heads
etc
basically a starter pack for people who aren't in a place where they can just ask someone.

Ðanisty

This question is much harder to answer than you'd imagine. There are so many different types of Satanists out there. I would suggest than anyone who's curious should read The Satanic Bible by Anton LaVey. That will give you a basis at least, but finding out about those who don't consider themselves CoS Satanists, can get a bit trickier. The idea behind Satanism is to be an individual and as such, a lot of people have essentially taken LaVey's ideas and run with them. I'm not sure who is in charge of the CoS anymore, but I have a strong feeling that they aren't particularly good leaders. As of late, the CoS has been picking up what I would call less than quality members. I've basically lost respect for the organization since LaVey died. You may want to pick up The Satanic Witch if you are more interested in rituals and such. His concepts are, what I would call, outdated but it's still interesting reading.

Mujahid Mohammed

Ðanisty said:
This question is much harder to answer than you'd imagine. There are so many different types of Satanists out there. I would suggest than anyone who's curious should read The Satanic Bible by Anton LaVey. That will give you a basis at least, but finding out about those who don't consider themselves CoS Satanists, can get a bit trickier. The idea behind Satanism is to be an individual and as such, a lot of people have essentially taken LaVey's ideas and run with them. I'm not sure who is in charge of the CoS anymore, but I have a strong feeling that they aren't particularly good leaders. As of late, the CoS has been picking up what I would call less than quality members. I've basically lost respect for the organization since LaVey died. You may want to pick up The Satanic Witch if you are more interested in rituals and such. His concepts are, what I would call, outdated but it's still interesting reading.
i read his daughter took over

Ðanisty

I honestly have no idea. There are so many illusions surrounding LaVey that I stopped bothering to figure it all out. He obviously tried to keep himself mysterious and I think that's fine.

lamplighter

Almighty Tallest
Blah! Marilyn Manson is just an atention whore. If he became a satanist, it was purely to be controversial.

IanAlmighty

Lurking Existentialist
Why are all of you so incredibly misinformed?
Lavey's daughter was an ingrate and is known for spreading lies about him after his death. She has little to do with the COS.
Marilyn Manson is no longer in the Church of Satan, but he was good friends with Anton Lavey.

Ugh...
Okay, first off, you should learn about Satanism BEFORE you decide to be one, not the other way around.
As for readings, anything by Anton Lavey or Frederich Nietzche.
Really, anything at all by either of them.

Ðanisty

I know that his daughter had said a lot of crap about him after his death. I stopped following the activities of the COS at that time. What I do know is that the vast majority of COS members I've met that have joined since LaVey's death have no idea what they're doing. I have nothing but respect for LaVey but what has come after his passing is a joke, in my opinion.

I think the original question was posed because the poster wanted to learn about Satanism.

IanAlmighty

Lurking Existentialist
Ðanisty said:
I think the original question was posed because the poster wanted to learn about Satanism.
The way the initial post was phrased, it sounded like "What do I have to do to be a Satanist?"
That's entirely the wrong attitude for approaching Satanism.

morning-star

Light Bearer
If this is any help I can recomend a very good Luciferian book: The secret History of Lucifer by Lynn Picknett. it goes into great detail about how Lucifer differs from satan and how biblical texts prove that. it also has good detailed infomation on Mary Magdalene and the historcal infomation of the biblical satan etc.....

Ðanisty

That is a pretty good book. I'm about halfway through it. I think some of it is stretching a bit and frankly I wish they would get off this Mary Magdalen kick. Yes, she's interesting, but all of religion is not some kind of Mary Magdalen conspiracy, ya know? It is an overall good book so far though.

RevOxley_501

LaVeys Daughter (Zeena Schreck) was president of COS for a short time from 85-90 i believe, but she spread some rumors about him and all that jazz...correct me if i am wrong here. After that she and her hubby Nikolas Schreck jumped over the rainbow to the Temple of Set (Micheal Aquino's) and i think Shreck was President/high preist for a while. I think they live in Berlin now and are trying to avoid any contacts with COS or TOS. Now i think they are still persuing "The Storm" , a sethian group they founded in 02

but i agree with whoever said it, learn more about it before you want to become it.

morning-star

Light Bearer
Ðanisty;786125 said:
That is a pretty good book. I'm about halfway through it. I think some of it is stretching a bit and frankly I wish they would get off this Mary Magdalen kick. Yes, she's interesting, but all of religion is not some kind of Mary Magdalen conspiracy, ya know? It is an overall good book so far though.

it runs on about the Leonardo da vinci a lot and theroys of him having luciferian views. it also talks of the shroud and how he could have faked it with primitive photography.....

Ðanisty

Well, yeah, I get that, but I'm not sure if it isn't a little bit of a stretch. I certainly think DaVinci had Luciferian tendencies, but I don't know if we can say he was a Luciferian or that he was trying to make a Luciferian statement. I appreciate theories, but I think people tend to take it too far.

morning-star

Light Bearer
yeah i know what you mean he had some luciferian veiws about the power of knowlage etc. but nothing else to do with it....

lamplighter

Almighty Tallest
LaVeys Daughter (Zeena Schreck) was president of COS for a short time from 85-90 i believe, but she spread some rumors about him and all that jazz...correct me if i am wrong here. After that she and her hubby Nikolas Schreck jumped over the rainbow to the Temple of Set (Micheal Aquino's) and i think Shreck was President/high preist for a while. I think they live in Berlin now and are trying to avoid any contacts with COS or TOS. Now i think they are still persuing "The Storm" , a sethian group they founded in 02

but i agree with whoever said it, learn more about it before you want to become it.
Well there is a Karla LaVey who started the First Satanic Church back in 1999 who is supposed to be Anton's daughter.