• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Suffering is my mistress, my teacher, my pearl, my treasure

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I suffer a lot lately and I hated it, but I cannot thank her enough!

There is a jerk that comes out of me when I suffer, but overall, in the end, it is suffering that makes me more compassionate and kind to others.

When I take a legal over the counter medicine known as "poor Man's PCP" or alcohol or other chemicals that make fear, depression, sadness, pain, and suffering go away, I lose compassion and can become a total jerk in everybody's face with no boundaries and no consideration of other people and their feelings.

Suffering helps me identify with the lowly and associated with them and be humble.

Suffering is my teacher, my mistress, and I cannot keep running from her.

(There are unhealthy forms of suffering just like there's a unhealthy forms of everything that's good. Too much of a good thing you can be a bad thing!)

I know we've been through this before at RF but I can't help it. The more insight I receive and the more compassionate I become and the more humble I become is all achieved through suffering!

Overall, I can't think suffering enough, because without her I'd be the biggest jerk in the world!

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I'm currently running into the woman that broke my heart and led me to a suicide attempt that broke multiple bones . I run into her roughly 5 times a week. I'm learning to love it!