• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Strange habits...

jeffrey

†ßig Dog†
One thing I do while driving is, when going under a bridge, I'll duck. Not much, maybe 6 inches. I'm not going to hit the bridge, even if I did, it would do no good, but I still do it! :eek:

jeffrey

†ßig Dog†
Bouncing Ball said:
When playing intensive games, I get itches everywhere and I am constantly scratching mainly my head :D
My 12 year old starts rocking when getting into a game. He'll stand up and start rocking back and forth. Drives me nuts!

jeffrey

†ßig Dog†
Bouncing Ball said:
Rocking as in playing airguitar? :jam:
LOL! He'll put one foot it front of the other and shift his weight from the front to the back, the whole time with the controller in his hand, intensely staring at to screen... Back and forth... Back and forth... UGH!

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
Uh-huh. I duck, too, while driving under bridges.

I also have a weird habit of knocking on the car door after I get out, for no other reason than to discharge whatever static electricity that might have built up from getting out of the car. I just have a thing about that.

My son likes to make sure he steps on every crack he sees, while my daughter wants to avoid all of them. They drive EACH OTHER nuts! :p

Peace,
Mystic

jeffrey

†ßig Dog†
I'll avoid cracks too, and with a size 13 shoe, it's hard to do.
I have no problem walking under a ladder, but no matter how tall the ladder is, I'll duck!​

Booko

Deviled Hen
jeffrey said:
Ok, time to fess up. What kinds of strange or unusual habits, quirks, superstitions, or rituals do you have? :D

Hm. They're so habitual I can't think of them. :)

I'll ask my business partner today. I'm sure she'll be more than happy to tell me! :tuna:

ChrisP

Veteran Member
I like spinning on swivel chairs... I've even worked out the best way to keep your speed up... one twist and I can keep going for 2 adn a half minutes at a GOOD rate (without moving)

evearael

I am not superstitious... unless it comes to dice. Then dispite my years of high level calculus and statistics, I spend a couple minutes before running a D&D game rolling the dice to figure out which ones 'like me' that particular evening... and I still roll terribly (much to the delight of the players).

CaptainXeroid

Following Christ
jeffrey said:
One thing I do while driving is, when going under a bridge, I'll duck. Not much, maybe 6 inches. I'm not going to hit the bridge, even if I did, it would do no good, but I still do it!
Well...;)...it's one thing to do that in a big rig, but when I do it in a VW Jetta...:biglaugh:, I bet I look silly to other motorists.:p

About the only one I can think of for me is that I duck when exiting an elevator.:cover: I'm 6'1", so there's no danger of my coconut hitting the door frame, but for some reason I always seem to do it. Life is funny.

Draka

Wonder Woman
I'm not superstitious and I don't duck going under bridges. That's seems the equivolent of leaning forward when driving uphill :D as if that helps the car get up the hill. LOL I have been known to lean into a turn a bit when I drive. I've caught myself doing it a few times. Guess it's a hold over from riding a motorcycle:p .

As for a personal bad habit, which I haven't seen much of here...come on people...you know we all have them;) , I have a tendency to bite and chew on my lips. I'll do so to the point that they start to peel a bit and when that happens I have to pull the little peice of skin off. I know...ewwww gross :eek: , but I do it most of the time without even realizing it. Ironically though, my lips are pretty healthy looking despite the punishment I give them.

Krie

my brother takes a ritual 45 minute dump in the morning at 6:00 then he goes for another at 7:00 a.m

ChrisP

Veteran Member
Heheeh it's funny you mention that Draka ;) there's a little piece on the back of my bottom lip I"ve chewed for FOREVER... it's such a habit there's grooves worn into the skin for my teeth to pick it up with :eek:

Draka

Wonder Woman
Krie said:
my brother takes a ritual 45 minute dump in the morning at 6:00 then he goes for another at 7:00 a.m

:eek: Were we once related by marriage??? I swear you just described my ex-brother-in-law! :D JK . Let me guess....plenty of reading material in the bathroom?;)

Draka

Wonder Woman
ChrisP said:
Heheeh it's funny you mention that Draka ;) there's a little piece on the back of my bottom lip I"ve chewed for FOREVER... it's such a habit there's grooves worn into the skin for my teeth to pick it up with :eek:

Wow! As bad as I am with it, even I can't say I've worn grooves into my lip! :biglaugh: That's one serious chewer.

Krie

oh yeah! he would get those big *** trilogy books ya know, cause a bathroom reader never suited him. lol

Buttercup

Veteran Member
The only one I can think of at the moment is..... when anyone says the word "chicken", I just have to say "Baaaaaahck!" *shrugs*