• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sticks

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
Dogs apparently, really do like sticks to chew on.

IMG20221025170907.jpg

Who knew?

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
And if you find a really smart stick it and it comes back by itself when thrown.

They have lots of them in Australia. A friend brought a souvenir one back from holiday there, it really worked until the dog caught it.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
As an apprentice, and making full use of the wood-working machinery offered, I made some passable boomerangs, and that did work - after reading an article in Scientific American as to how the theory tied with the practice (PhD thesis I think). Done with lights attached to the arms of the boomerang, photographed at night, and comparing with predicted results. :oops:

Brian2

Veteran Member

An easier to make version. I think you can get the 3 arm types also.
I saw the cross variety as a kid watching a TV show about a circus and the performer managed to throw it so it went around the circus ring without decapitating anyone.
I suppose dangerous acts like that are still allowed to perform.
What skill some people develop with enough practice.
I have never had the patience myself to develop a skill to that extent. As I get older I have less patience for it because I have less time in life to use whatever skill it might be, and there are so many possibilities. Darts, yo yos, marbles the more serious ones also. Sad really.