• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Statue of virgin Mary desecrated with dog feces - Catholics call for vandals' beheading

PruePhillip

I would have quietly washed it off and spared the publicity.

Not that having idols of Mother Mary, Queen of Heaven, has
anything to do with the Gospels. Just saying.

MikeDwight

th
ewww what do I do with it now eewww.
upload_2019-9-15_20-17-55.jpeg
I now crown thee.... Baby Cake.

MikeDwight

A Christian Converted ethnic Jew who like--- witnessed stuff--- telling people in Greek, that their God in Greek,

lll8-19.jpg

actually needs to be in Latin the Holy Language and nobody cares about their Hananim God! AHAHA
Thanks for no illustrative paintings in all history Catholic Church.
acts 17:24-35

Cooky

Veteran Member
A Christian Converted ethnic Jew who like--- witnessed stuff--- telling people in Greek, that their God in Greek,

lll8-19.jpg

actually needs to be in Latin the Holy Language and nobody cares about their Hananim God! AHAHA
Thanks for no illustrative paintings in all history Catholic Church.
acts 17:24-35

I thought you were a Christian (Presbyterian)..?

PruePhillip

Well, the Catholic Church has never taught a doctrine of Sola-Scriptura.

Luther believed in this Sola-Scriptura, but not for all the New Testament.
He had an issue with James for instance, with its insistence upon works
backing up faith. But it's what Jesus and Paul also spoke about often.

Samantha Rinne

Resident Genderfluid Writer/Artist
I'm not religious, but I think it's quite low to do such a thing. We can still respect other people's faith.

We can. But should we? Guarantee whoever did this wouldn't return the favor if their holy monuments were desecrated.

That said, these thing ultimately are just statues. It's the lack of respect that is the bigger issue.

MikeDwight

Isn't Mary the whole British Protestantism divide? People look at marriage and have different backgrounds. People look at Reformation and see these statues crumbling down. People look at Protestantism and think the 95 theses.

-Mary is only being described by Roman Catholics as servant to God onto death, she's saved in Revelation at great lengths, by God, or somebody.
-Irish self-determinism is in Catholicism, Danny Boy, etc.
-Catholicism necessarily is echoing to Roman total family-ownership even execution from Roman Patrician classes and ancient Rome
-God Save the Queen is of course also a family guide and model. Other Countries only echoed the fall of Salic Primogeniture with their own Queens in Sweden, Russia, or Austria. Not France of course.
-British women are known for a happily made dream marriage
-Of course above any transformation of the culture, social fabric, of foreign lands, we see british protestants with God Save the Queen and Auld Lang Syne and to develop their wife beyond servitude, to Go Fly a Kite or whatever, especially getting outside from the bondage.
- the Old Missus in "Dixie" plays a "foolish part to die for a man that broke her heart". This is somewhat tongue-in-cheek, its also the very specific principle.
- Protestants necessarily follow the ruling of the early 1520 Anglican side that the King's first marriage was "annulled", it never happened, they were close kin. The catholics arguing not to grant a 'divorce'. Necessarily Anne Boleyne was King Henry's wife until death do they part, the one and only. The King Executed Anne Boleyne after Elizabeth and other offspring failed to be male, or with a lot of slanderous impossible adulterous accusations, and tried again with 4 other wives.