• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

State of RF :)

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
Inspired by our friend Amanaki, I wanted to make a constructive, not overly negative, post on the subject. I really do think the people here do a great job. Really. The only difficulties I see on RF at this present time are:

1. Members will misunderstand semi-complex humor and personalities, then consider that evidence that the forum has gone down-hill, making arguments based on that perceived evidence.

2. People will assert that religious people have it worse because their beliefs get scrutinized more than atheists. However, said atheists have issues too I'm sure -- they have to spend a lot of time correcting people who think Atheism is a religion.

appreciation-quotes.jpg

5696efb8900f65921a4fbb7a154c6ddc.png

3f26696a4f57e8aa7229074739accb81.jpg

walt-whitman-inspirational-quote.jpg

inspirational-quotes-serena-williams-1530193291.jpg

Thank you members & staff.

A Vestigial Mote

Being completely honest, I've never seen a single instance of anything going on on this site and thought to myself "Boy, this place is really going downhill." I don't even understand the mindset that brings one to that conclusion. Things are as they are, and you deal with opinions and ideas as they come through. That's what the site is fundamentally for after all.

Though I guess it could be that I'm just "part of the problem" being perceived. Hmmm... yeah... that's probably it.

Last edited:

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
Being completely honest, I've never seen a single instance of anything going on on this site and thought to myself "Boy, this place is really going downhill." I don't even understand the mindset that brings one to that conclusion. Things are as they are, and you deal with opinions and ideas as they come through. That's what the site is fundamentally for after all.

Thought I guess it could be that I'm just "part of the problem" being perceived. Hmmm... yeah... that's probably it.

:thumbsup:

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
For me, the bottom line is that if it aggravates you so much, stop coming. Nobody here is forcing you to post. Even a cursory read will show that people can have great discussions without animosity. There have been many over the years, and it's a valuable place to learn. I think the mods have found a fair line in their duties. They let just about the right amount of stuff get by. In other places, those disagreements become vile vulgar attacks. Still others, the bubble ones, allow nothing except patting everyone else on the back. Well, that dies get boring pretty quick.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
With all the accusations of going down hill over the years we should be at the bottom of the hill by now.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
With all the accusations of going down hill over the years we should be at the bottom of the hill by now.

The funny thing is that I try to be moral, but if the forum did reach the bottom, my morbid sense of humor might still love it provided it was a really funny form of degeneracy. Life, eh?

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
For me, the bottom line is that if it aggravates you so much, stop coming. Nobody here is forcing you to post. Even a cursory read will show that people can have great discussions without animosity. There have been many over the years, and it's a valuable place to learn. I think the mods have found a fair line in their duties. They let just about the right amount of stuff get by. In other places, those disagreements become vile vulgar attacks. Still others, the bubble ones, allow nothing except patting everyone else on the back. Well, that dies get boring pretty quick.

:thumbsup:

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
I also hope Amanaki doesn't view this thread as me indirectly debating his opinions as I was speaking really in general. Rather, I wanted to provide a positive, fairyboy spin on things with some positive discussion.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
As someone whos been here obsessively for 12 years I can say I find the place much less annoying then it used to be.

And it's kind of my job to be annoyed.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
well hey....somebody has to read this crap I post

oh...hmmmm

Quag might a point there

he wins

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
This thread does raise a question though. What if I enjoy this forum too much, and you guys have to make me enjoy it less, but since I'm a masochist, about the only way to do that is to all sit around playing Uno and having boring conversations about Golden Retrievers?

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
This thread does raise a question though. What if I enjoy this forum too much, and you guys have to make me enjoy it less, but since I'm a masochist, about the only way to do that is to all sit around playing Uno and having boring conversations about Golden Retrievers?
Thats some people's version of Heaven ya know.