• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sppon bending and miracles

JerryL

Obviously not. Re-read my post. I said it was a "snippet" between the 10 disciplines on NBC's Million Dollar Challenge. Bill Bixby didn't get a dime for it, as it wasn't the main theme of the program, and not included in the challenge. It would be stupid to put up one million dollars for anyone who can bend a spoon on live TV.
Reread. In one post you said that the ability could not be reporduced, and in another you said Bill Bixby reproduced the ability.

But you ARE aware of the question I asked you that you didn't answer, aren't you? (You should be, since you deleted it.) But I'll ask it again: How did the common people come to view a plesiosaur as something other than a reptile, if they weren't taught that? Please don't dance around my point. If you've got something to say to me, say it clearly.
I'd speculate that they saw shows and books on prehistoric creatures and "it looked like a dinosaur, and was contained in the same reasources as dinosaurs".

Yeah --- it's called Occam's Razor.
You equivocate occam's razor. He's rolling over in his grave. The problem with "God" in Occam's razor is that it presupposes God, which isn't simple at all, nor is it supported by available facts (the other half of Occam's razor)

I've got a simpler one "it just was".

I believe your question to me was: Did Bill Bixby recreate any miracles on NBC? To which I replied NO ... neither did the 'experts' recreate the results of their craft. What's your point? That God's miracles and some water dowser's claim are synonymous?
My point is that you are hypocritical: accepting Biblical miracle claims with no proof while doubting others with no proof.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
JerryL said:
You equivocate occam's razor. He's rolling over in his grave. The problem with "God" in Occam's razor is that it presupposes God, which isn't simple at all, nor is it supported by available facts (the other half of Occam's razor)
IN THE BEGINNING, GOD...

I've got a simpler one "it just was".
Ive got a more accurate one "and it was so" ... Genesis 1:7,9,11,15,24,30

My point is that you are hypocritical: accepting Biblical miracle claims with no proof while doubting others with no proof.
Would YOU have gone on the show if NBC would have offered YOU a million dollars to move an object, if you were the world's best telekenitic?

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
FeathersinHair said:
Just for a perspective, my great-uncle was what they called a 'water-witch' (a dowser) and he not only could perform before an audience, he pretty much had to, since his 'skills' were used for helping people find places to put wells. I can't claim to 'read' auras, but I can see them, and I don't know why anyone would have trouble doing so in front of an audience.
Hey! I didn't know I am a 'Water - witch'! But the way I do it, I can choose to look for anything.

JerryL

Ive got a more accurate one "and it was so"
Hypocracy at it's best. You appeal to Occam's razor and then ignore it.

Would YOU have gone on the show if NBC would have offered YOU a million dollars to move an object, if you were the world's best telekenitic?
I suppose that depends on what the world's best telekenetic could actually do.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
JerryL said:
I suppose that depends on what the world's best telekenetic could actually do.
I said YOU were the world's best. Would you do it or not?

JerryL

AV1611 said:
I said YOU were the world's best. Would you do it or not?
In that case the world's best telikenetic (me) has no telekenetic abilities at all (at least, I have none of which I am aware), so "no, I would not go on the show and demonstrate my complete lack of telekenetic powers".

What a silly question.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
JerryL said:
In that case the world's best telikenetic (me) has no telekenetic abilities at all (at least, I have none of which I am aware), so "no, I would not go on the show and demonstrate my complete lack of telekenetic powers".

What a silly question.
LOL --- what a debater!

Yeah, it's much easier to sit and take potshots at those who do all the work, isn't it?

NBC puts one million dollars on the line, leading experts show up on live TV, and YOU, Mr. In-the-Know, think they may just be actors.

Well, as they say, you can't nail Jerr...er...Jell-o to the wall.

JerryL

NBC puts one million dollars on the line, leading experts show up on live TV, and YOU, Mr. In-the-Know, think they may just be actors.
In which post did I make that claim?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I am the one that suggested the "experts" may have been actors.

Do you have any links about that specail Billy Bixby hosted? All I can find are his several roles in movies and TV seriers, which include Dr. Banner in The Incredible Hulk.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
But whos to say these "experts" were for real, and not actors. There a relativly few real metaphysicist and occultist. Easily over 90% of the so called fortune tellers are greedy frauds, and are damned good a reading body language to sound convincing.
OOPS! My bad! I do apologize, Jerry. Luke Wolf said that.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Luke Wolf said:
I am the one that suggested the "experts" may have been actors.

Do you have any links about that specail Billy Bixby hosted? All I can find are his several roles in movies and TV seriers, which include Dr. Banner in The Incredible Hulk.
No ... and that really ticks me, too. I looked for it about 6 months ago on IMDB and it wasn't there. I'm wondering if NBC has a Website so I can ask them.

I'm pretty sure the show was called NBC Hosts: The Million-Dollar Challenge.

Fade

The Great Master Bates
AV1611 said:
IN THE BEGINNING, GOD...

Ive got a more accurate one "and it was so" ... Genesis 1:7,9,11,15,24,30

i know he's not around anymore but I feel like responding anyway.

Would you have been willing to go on the show if they were offering you a million dollars to prove God exists, if you were the worlds most fundamental Christian?

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Fade said:
i know he's not around anymore but I feel like responding anyway.

Would you have been willing to go on the show if they were offering you a million dollars to prove God exists, if you were the worlds most fundamental Christian?
Frankly, if I could, I wouldn't even want the money - but no, I wouldn't go on a show to do it.;)

Fatmop

So, what was the final verdict on spoon bending? (Sppon bending, as the thread name says...)