• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Spit Or Swallow?

Bastet

Vile Stove-Toucher
zombieharlot said:
I know you're not supposed to swallow Arm & Hammer toothpaste because it has baking soda in it.
If baking soda is bad to eat, zombie, then I do hope you don't go about doing crazy things like eating cookies or cakes! :eek:

I'd be far more worried about the nasty chemicals like sodium lauryl sulfate...

Needless to say, I don't swallow.

Quoth The Raven

Half Arsed Muse
zombieharlot said:
I know you're not supposed to swallow Arm & Hammer toothpaste because it has baking soda in it.
Well...my Nan used to mix it with water and drink the stuff when she had indigestion. No bloody wonder she's dead.
Just goes to show that 90 years of drinking baking soda will definitely kill ya.:eek:

Mystic-als

I'm definitly a spitter! No swallowing here. I never knew there were people who swallowed their toothpast. Does it make your flatulance smell better?
What a world we live in!

Smoke

Done here.
Yuck! :eek: I thought swallowing mouthwash was something only hard-core alcoholics did -- and I didn't know anybody swallowed their toothpaste. Makes me a little queasy just thinking about it.

I looked at my toothpaste and mouthwash to see what it said. The toothpaste label is ambiguous:
If more than used for brushing is accidentally swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
Strictly speaking, they don't seem to consider it a problem if you swallow a little bit, but it wouldn't be a good idea to swallow very much of it.

The mouthwash label is more cautious:
Vigorously swish 20 mL ... between teeth for 30 seconds then spit out; do not swallow.
Anyway, I think swallowing either might make me throw up, and then I'd have to start over. ;)

Unedited

I used to swallow my toothpaste, because my mum never told me I was suppose to spit it out. I stopped when I read the label though.

jamaesi

To Save A Lamb
I'm amazed that someone could drink a strong concoction of germicidal chemicals like mouthwash and not end up in the Emergency room. It never occurred to me that some people would routinely swallow the stuff.

I remember reading an article online about a stores having problems with homeless people coming in and buying mouthwash to drink because it was less expensive than other alcohol drinks.

Mm, minty.

A

angellous_evangellous

I've discovered some wonderful floss -- Johnson and Johnson with floride.

Great stuff!

Charity

Let's go racing boys !
....Uh....well.......I spit of course .......mumbles to herself....wonder about Rizza, does she or does she not? :biglaugh:

Last edited: