• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

spiritually dehydrated??

Issabella

have been going through some things in my Christian walk lately, and as I was praying today,it came to me what my problem was. I had become spiritually dehydrated.Just as there are symptoms of dehydration physically, there are also symptoms of dehydration spiritually.Let's look at some.
First, dizziness may occur. Did you know that you will become a dizzy Christian without the water of the word in your life?When you get dizzy you cant stand, and your foundation is unstable.Ephesians 6:14 says to stand.In order to have a strong and sure foundation and to stand strong,I must have the water of the word.
Second, fatigue will set in.Galatians 6:9 says,"And let us not be weary in well doing.Its a good indication that your spiritually dehydrated when you find yourself to tired to do things of God. I was finding myself having to make myself go to church there for awhile, and not spending enough time in prayer, I didnt think i knew how to pray.When this happened, I realized that I needed to go back and drink in the word.Walking with God isnt hard if your hydrated with the word.
Third,you will become sloppy in your coordination. What does that mean to the Body of Christ? You'll be lax with your commitments and faithfulness in the ministry.God desirs us to be sharp and detailed in fulfilling our ministry commitments.(Colossions 1:7 and 4:7-9
Fourth, your mouth will become dry.Your confesion will wonder, and you will lose your profesion of faith, if you do not recieve a continual flow of the water of the word.Hebrews 10:23 instruct us,"Let us hold fast to the profession of our faith.Have you ever mistaken thirst for hunger? That is a tell-tale sign of dehydration in the natural.The same can occur spiritually.When you havent spent time in the Word, there will be a false hunger that sits in, and if it goes unrecognized for what it is, your thirst for the Word, you'll seek out the things of this world to satisfy your cravings.You'll think the things of this world will be what you need. But the world brings a false satisfaction and only for a short amount of time. If you drink the water of the Word on a daily basis, your thirst will be quenched.
I like what Colossians2:18:19 says. .....and not holding the Head , from which all the body by joints and bands having nourishment ministered. Made me think. Without water, the water of Life, I would dry up and become brittle.Anyone besides me ever been dehydrated?

*Paul*

Jesus loves you
Issabella said:
Made me think. Without water, the water of Life, I would dry up and become brittle.Anyone besides me ever been dehydrated?

I like what you have written though i never think of it in terms of thirst. "He who drinks of the water I give shall never thirst again"

I will say however that when I have become neglectful in prayer and scripture mediation that my old nature begins a fight back and has to be mortified again. The Spirit of God often brings this suddenly to my attention and stirs my heart to be zealous and repent. He sure has a way of getting my attention I can tell you.