• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Spill the beans or No ?

Mavrikmind

Ok Lets say that your a astronomer and you've just discovered a asteriod speeing towards earth. Lets say that there isn't a doupt that the asteriod will hit earth and that there isn't anything that anyone could do to stop it.
Would you spill the beans so to speak or would you keep the info to yourself.
The real question is this. Would you give the information to the public, maybe causing mass panic and chaos or would you keep the info to yourself, knowing nothing could be done. Letting humanity spend that rest of the time with normaility and relative peace?

Personally I would let the information out. that way people could gather their family and spend the remaining time together with loved ones.

RevOxley_501

i would probably tell...i think for that short amount of time between telling and the hit, the world wouldl be completely peaceful...

everyone would put the guns down and just live life to the fullest for a little while

Hema

Sweet n Spicy
Mavrikmind said:
Personally I would let the information out. that way people could gather their family and spend the remaining time together with loved ones.

I will do the same. There are many things people put off because they think that they have more time. However, none of us is guaranteed to live another minute. If people find out about it beforehand, some of them might decide to make peace with their enemies, amends with family and friends etc. At that time, people who haven't prayed in years will begin to pray. I'm sure there are plenty lovers who will want to get married before it happens also.

SoyLeche

meh...
You've got to give people time to get to the mine shafts.

We need to make sure that the Russians don't have more mine shafts though - we don't want a mine shaft gap.

Hema

Sweet n Spicy
RevOxley_501 said:
i would probably tell...i think for that short amount of time between telling and the hit, the world wouldl be completely peaceful...

everyone would put the guns down and just live life to the fullest for a little while

This reminds me of the scene in Armageddon when the whole world was praying.

It's a shame that it will take a catastrophe like this to bring about peace.

SoyLeche

meh...
FatMan said:
I would tell the Government, and then i would be whisked away and killed.
Thereby wasting my tax dollars to kill someone who will be dead in a few days anyway.

Stupid government :149:

Engyo

Prince of Dorkness!
Hema said:
I will do the same. There are many things people put off because they think that they have more time. However, none of us is guaranteed to live another minute. If people find out about it beforehand, some of them might decide to make peace with their enemies, amends with family and friends etc. At that time, people who haven't prayed in years will begin to pray. I'm sure there are plenty lovers who will want to get married before it happens also.
Unfortunately there are also lots of people with darker desires who are restrained either by the threat of being caught and tried, or by societal pressures etc. When all of these potential downsides also go out the window, will these folks continue to restrain themselves?

Random

It has often occured to me that a Worlds-end scenario, such as Tc describes, might be plausibly hoaxed to unite humanity @ some point in the future. It is highly improbable that the real thing would happen.

Nonetheless, I would hope such a event would be public knowlege: this would make its impact almost spiritual in depth and scope. Think of all the things rendered meaningless overnight: money, wealth, possessions, everything!

I feel it would bring the intelligent and worthy together, whilst the sheeple cowered under the Sun in the face of having to change.

A wonderful thing.

Hema

Sweet n Spicy
Engyo said:
Unfortunately there are also lots of people with darker desires who are restrained either by the threat of being caught and tried, or by societal pressures etc. When all of these potential downsides also go out the window, will these folks continue to restrain themselves?

Namaste (I read your sig line)

Yes that's also a possibility. Imagine, someone thinking "Hey I can finally kill that guy." Maybe it's just my thinking but I think that most of the baddies will try to be goodies before they burn in hell. :D I know that those "baddies" and "goodies" expressions are just awful but I can't think straight. I think I'm getting the flu.

lunamoth

Will to love
Godlike said:
It has often occured to me that a Worlds-end scenario, such as Tc describes, might be plausibly hoaxed to unite humanity @ some point in the future. It is highly improbable that the real thing would happen.

But then think of the backlash when everyone discovers the breach of trust!

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I would announce it too the world, and make sure to share one last piece pipe with my family. I would hope the rest of the world would be at peace, but people will still rape and kill, and groups will blame eachother for bringing forth the disaster.
It is interesting to think about the what ifs in that scenario. What if the line from Armageddon "This may very well be our final hour." was definite due to an impending disaster.

A

angellous_evangellous

armaharry.jpg