• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Special needs children

klubbhead024

Here is a simple question:

Would it be wrong to have an abortion when you know the child is going to have some sort of metal defect? Is it fair to the child NOT to have an abortion knowing that they will need constant care and never lead a normal life?

Bishka

Veteran Member
klubbhead024 said:

Would it be wrong to have an abortion when you know the child is going to have some sort of metal defect? Is it fair to the child NOT to have an abortion knowing that they will need constant care and never lead a normal life?

How do you know what the child is feeling or if the are suffering at all? They may not be able to act and be like other children, but I would NEVER abort one just because it 'may have problems'. IMO, that's digusting.

jacquie4000

While I would never be able to have an abortion myself I can not judge others for certains reasons they might have one. For instance rape or indangerment of their own life.

Arabis

see me run
I just think that I couldn't live with myself knowing that I was so unselfish to not want to take care of a child that wouldn't be "normal". What if they have a purpose on this earth and I didn't allow them to even have a chance?

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
klubbhead024 said:

And my simple answer is that is wrong. :)

Peace,
Mystic

jamaesi

To Save A Lamb
It's always nice to see the right to just live of people like me is up for debate.

Do I need constant/special care? Check.
Do I live a "normal" life? Check minus.

Where do I sign up for my retroactive abortion? I'd hate to be a burden on my mother any longer and I obviously can't enjoy life because I'm disabled.

Fluffy

A fool
Unfortunately, that question is not simple for me since my answer would be determined by:
1) the stage of pregnancy
2) the ability (including willingness) of society to take care of the child in the event that the mother cannot or will not

Obviously both of these factors would need to be consider alongside the third
3) the degree to which the child's life would be negatively affected

PetShopBoy88

jamaesi said:
It's always nice to see the right to just live of people like me is up for debate.

Do I need constant/special care? Check.
Do I live a "normal" life? Check minus.

Where do I sign up for my retroactive abortion? I'd hate to be a burden on my mother any longer and I obviously can't enjoy life because I'm disabled.

So are you against all types of abortion (assuming your post was sarcastic)?