• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sparking joy!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Greetings fellow seekers.

Yes - it is time once again for one of my fabulously popular and interesting threads!

This one may be even better than my recent efforts ...

I was over at one of my favourite sites just now and found this mindfulness exercise that you may like to experiment with!

Here is a small taste -

Joy is an intrinsic attitude of mind that includes gladness of the heart, softheartedness, and tenderness that supports a capacity for appreciation, contentment, and gratitude. Just as our hearts can tremble in the face of suffering, they can also tremble in the face of happiness and beauty. Its affective tone is gladness, aliveness, and vitality. It is associated with a range of emotions, including contentment, wonder, radiant pride, gratitude, and delight.

Empathy is as central to the cultivation of joy as it is to compassion. When we encounter pleasant states, empathy can blossom into appreciative joy, contentment, and gratitude.

Joy helps us befriend difficulties and meet suffering with equanimity and compassion.

To read the full article, try clicking on the link below!

Sparking Joy: A Mindfulness Practice for Everyday

Enjoy the rest of your browsing!

:)

Last edited: