• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Soya Mince Question

te_lanus

Alien Hybrid
I like my soya mince every now and then. I normally make it on the stove.

But the problem now is, my stove broke, and most companies here is either to busy or has already began scaling back for December Holidays. Thus I'm stuck with my microwave until mid-January.

I would like to know could I make soya mince in the microwave? I've never tried it, and is a bit hesitant.

Is it the dehydryated kind ? If it is I don't think the microwave is going ot be particularly proficent, you could reconstitute it ind hot water and then heat it in the microwave but it isn't going to taste very nice, if I were you I'd either get the frozen kind that only needs to be heated through or give the soya a miss untill your stove is back.

Can you get a hob or a slow cooker to for the interim, that seems like a long way to go with only being able to reaheat food in the microwave :eek:

What on God's green earth is soya mince?

I have only seen it used by new vegetarians, and vegetarians who are entertaining meat eaters, it is processed soya protein that is either dehydrated or frozen and can be used like minced beef or lamb. It isn't so bad if you saturated it with lots of flavour, though I never ate it because I am intollerant of legumes and it makes me sick.

Last edited:

Baydwin

But the problem now is, my stove broke, and most companies here is either to busy or has already began scaling back for December Holidays. Thus I'm stuck with my microwave until mid-January.

I would like to know could I make soya mince in the microwave? I've never tried it, and is a bit hesitant.
Yeah it's fine, just mix it with whatever sauce you're gonna use, cover and cook in the microwave as you would soup.
This is assuming you're using the frozen variety.

Nepenthe

Tu Stultus Es
What on God's green earth is soya mince?
It's marketed in the U.S. as veggie protein crumbles Auto':
smartgroundoriginal.jpg

enchanted_one1975

Resident Lycanthrope
Looks to me like you can buy those gardenburger patties, microwave them up, and make some sandwiches that will probably taste like that and be convenient too.

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend te lanus,

oya Mince Question

Sorry to note that you broke your stove and can't fix it till mid Jan for a replacement to cook your favorite dish. But what kind of a stove is that which you can't fix In India we have Gas, kerosene oil and coal / wood stoves, besides solar cooker where direct sunlight is available and microwaves.
Am sure if microwave does't work, you will find some other alternatives after all "necessity is the mother of Invention"!

Love & rgds

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend enchanted_one,

if I bring Soya Mince or any other type of meatless meat into the house that I will be dining alone.
No, friend te_lanus is there to share it with you and many others, provided you open your eyes to see them.
[Or is it you are afraid that it may get your bottom turned red / pink ?]:D:D

Love & rgds